Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price FSD Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reading from other forum, it indicates that engage the turn signal actually DOES turn off the autosteer. That's very nice.

To be honest, the auto lane change by engaging turn signal never work 100% anyway. Therefore, I perfer it just turn off autosteer when I change lane.

I'll check again but I'm pretty sure it doesn't disengage autosteer for me just reduce the resistance of the steering wheel.

I'll check again but I'm pretty sure it doesn't disengage autosteer for me just reduce the resistance of the steering wheel.

They said you have to fully engaged the turn signal.

In Any event, I think it's fine either way. At under $3000, it's money worth spent compared to what is before.

btw, must be nice to be able to use the car pool lane since you are coming from Oakville, with all those heavy traffic during rush hours. For myself, having autopilot and now Blind spot chime, it just make driving so much fun.

I used to take 407 to save time, but lately 401 seems to be better with M3. LOL

btw, must be nice to be able to use the car pool lane since you are coming from Oakville, with all those heavy traffic during rush hours. For myself, having autopilot and now Blind spot chime, it just make driving so much fun.

I used to take 407 to save time, but lately 401 seems to be better with M3. LOL

I actually can't take the HOV in Oakville because I get on at Dorval so too late. I take the HOV on the 403 in Mississauga until Mavis or Hurontario (I work near Hurontario and 403) but I already used to carpool to work.

I used to live in Markham and would take the 407 often... So expensive.

Got AP now. Will wait before getting FSD.

I really don't know what I'm waiting for. The price seems fair, and I loved my AP trial with V8.
I think, weirdly, it all seems too good to be true.

Perhaps concern about prices going up in the future - will convince me to pull the trigger (due to rising exchange rates or Tesla pricing volatility)

I ended up pulling the trigger on Thursday because i couldn't resist the fair price. I'm still waiting for it to be enabled though. Last night i had a 4GB map update but still no update to the software. i'm still on 2018.50.6

Reactions: PearlShark
To be honest with the price increase across the entire fleet, and the Canadian dollar dropping even more (2000 usd to 2680 cad now) I don’t see the price staying at $2600 much longer especially for Canadians. I’m so tempted to pull the trigger today but I want to perhaps upgrade to Performance Model 3 this summer and from what I’m aware of all these addons are tied to the car, not your account. I want to wait till the summer, but I’m afraid price won’t be the same.

To be honest with the price increase across the entire fleet, and the Canadian dollar dropping even more (2000 usd to 2680 cad now) I don’t see the price staying at $2600 much longer especially for Canadians. I’m so tempted to pull the trigger today but I want to perhaps upgrade to Performance Model 3 this summer and from what I’m aware of all these addons are tied to the car, not your account. I want to wait till the summer, but I’m afraid price won’t be the same.
Addons are definitely tied to the car. If you are seriously considering upgrading to the performance version I'd expect to take a pretty big hit. However, you could also think of it this way: adding the features will add to the resale value of your car if the price does go up.

To be honest, if it were me I dont think its worth to sell your 1 year old car to upgrade to the performance version. You'll probably end up 30k in the negative (since the performance sticker price is about 15-20k higher than RWD LR plus your resale price is likely going to be at least 15k below a new one)....is 30k+ really worth the faster speed?

From what you are saying, I think you already know you have to hold on to the car for at least a year to keep the $14000 rebate. I think part of the reasons for you to upgrade after a year is you hope your resale value will include part of your rebate, thus making getting a performance car more attractive.

Personally, under $3000 (includes tax) is a good price and a nice feature if you plan to sell it. If you change your mind, you won't kick yourself for not doing it. Wow, they will increase the price of cars by 3% after March 18.

Addons are definitely tied to the car. If you are seriously considering upgrading to the performance version I'd expect to take a pretty big hit. However, you could also think of it this way: adding the features will add to the resale value of your car if the price does go up.

To be honest, if it were me I dont think its worth to sell your 1 year old car to upgrade to the performance version. You'll probably end up 30k in the negative (since the performance sticker price is about 15-20k higher than RWD LR plus your resale price is likely going to be at least 15k below a new one)....is 30k+ really worth the faster speed?
I agree the hit would be substantial.
To me, I don’t buy a car for the money but for the smiles it puts on my face. Life’s too short to not experience great things because “it’s too expensive”. This is not saying that my current car is bad, it’s just that I test drove the Performance Model 3 and I wish I hadn’t. With my current situation with my car and the whole Tesla price drops I don’t know if it’s worth upgrading. However, I have so many upgrades I want to do to the car it would be a shame if I ended up selling it so I’m indecisive right now.

and from what I’m aware of all these addons are tied to the car, not your account.

The addons are tied more to your account (wallet) than to your car - they are non-refundable! Besides, any used car sales rep would maintain that most options are not expected to increase your resale value, but having them in your car could make it easier to resell it on the open market. So, the best course of action usually is to get what you want now and enjoy it if that's what would make you happy.