Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price hike

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, those prices are nuts.

I might offend some people in here by saying this, but the M3 LR is not a £60k car in my opinion - I didn't even think it was really a £50k car.

Hopefully supply chain problems for all manufacturers will ease in the next year or so and prices will come back down.
Agreed.
It was a £46k car when I got mine!

Hopefully supply chain problems for all manufacturers will ease in the next year or so and prices will come back down.

Inflation is heading to 11%, interest rates are now shooting - mortgage rates are already at 4% vs 2% in spring, the stock markets must have lost trillions over the last few days, and with Russia now ready to cut off gas supplies to Europe who knows what the next 6 months will bring.

If you are worrying about brand car prices right now than I would say you are doing very well for your self, and really there is nothing for you to worry about :).

5-million people in the U.K. drive leased vehicles. 1.9 million are personal leases. @Liquidv you must dislike a lot of people! 😂 With pre-tax incentives it makes financial sense if you need a car.

I would have leased mine as it was an unknown entity for me. I bought so I could sell it without being locked in.

Last edited:
With the M3 prices pushing towards £50k I wouldn’t be surprised if Tesla introduce a their new baby/smaller in a few years, priced at a “budget friendly” £40K price point.

They’ll retain healthy margins. More customers get to drive a Tesla and with the smaller batteries Tesla will see increased revenue from their super chargers.