Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price increase in Europe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon discussed this during the quarterly earnings conference call a few days ago. Said the change in valuation of the Euro versus the dollar had hit them negatively by 7% and that they would be raising prices in Europe.

He didn't say when but I got the impression it would be soon - I guess it has happened.

Elon discussed this during the quarterly earnings conference call a few days ago. Said the change in valuation of the Euro versus the dollar had hit them negatively by 7% and that they would be raising prices in Europe.

He didn't say when but I got the impression it would be soon - I guess it has happened.

Yeah, he basically said on the conference call if you wanted a Model S and lived in Europe you should order one right now because they were going to increase the price. Really this is just counter to the price drop that happened, what? 6 months ago? which happened for the same reason. I would expect based on this, that you will likely see price adjustments about every 6 months as the exchange rates change.

- - - Updated - - -

Has the UK gone down for the same reason?

pounds.PNG

It would appear that there is a similar decrease happening in the UK economy, although not quite to the same extent as the Euro.