TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Price increase in Europe

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Matias, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Matias

Matias Active Member

I just noticed, that at least 85kw model's basic price before taxes has gone up. It was 62 400€ before, now 64 900€. Any other changes?

Model S Design Studio | Tesla Motors

2. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Active Member

Elon discussed this during the quarterly earnings conference call a few days ago. Said the change in valuation of the Euro versus the dollar had hit them negatively by 7% and that they would be raising prices in Europe.

He didn't say when but I got the impression it would be soon - I guess it has happened.

3. martinwinlow

martinwinlow Member

Has the UK gone down for the same reason?

4. chickensevil

chickensevil Active Member

Yeah, he basically said on the conference call if you wanted a Model S and lived in Europe you should order one right now because they were going to increase the price. Really this is just counter to the price drop that happened, what? 6 months ago? which happened for the same reason. I would expect based on this, that you will likely see price adjustments about every 6 months as the exchange rates change.

- - - Updated - - -

pounds.PNG
    It would appear that there is a similar decrease happening in the UK economy, although not quite to the same extent as the Euro.