Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price Increase... Model S/X now includes Premium Package AS STANDARD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all - if I am understanding the website correctly (please correct me if I'm wrong), it looks like the base Model S 75D is now $77,000 in black without any options.

Except, the Premium Package is now included.

The car used to be $74,500, so the Premium Package is now included at a price increase of $2,500.

Model S 100D is now $96,500.

So the Premium Package doesn't really exist any more, since all Model S cars come with it now.

This means that the old "non-Ultra High Fidelity Sound" system is finally discontinued - you can't get the car without a subwoofer.

Model X is also bundled with Premium Package, 75D now begins at $83,000 instead of what I think was $79,500.

Interesting. Power trunk/hatch lifts for all then?

It’s not much of a subwoofer, btw - do consider having a chat with Cliff @ Reus Systems for a proper audio upgrade. He travels to support group buys from local/regional owners clubs, if a road trip west is not in the immediate cards.

Reactions: MartinAustin
Interesting. Power trunk/hatch lifts for all then?

It’s not much of a subwoofer, btw - do consider having a chat with Cliff @ Reus Systems for a proper audio upgrade. He travels to support group buys from local/regional owners clubs, if a road trip west is not in the immediate cards.
Power liftgate became standard equipment on Model S last year, in the spring I believe.

I asked about the new base pricing increase but includes PUP with a total difference in decreased pricing. Since I haven’t taken delivery yet, asked to get the lower price. They said corporate has said no to that due contract already signed for the other price.

In another thread as well. Watch the small print...
Taken from Canadian site...

Attachments

• 4FF3A710-20EF-4A58-BA49-C744FBB1C5BE.png
    4FF3A710-20EF-4A58-BA49-C744FBB1C5BE.png
    306.9 KB · Views: 114
I was also told that the pricing changes are only valid for new orders.

Since the PUP is standard with new models...I'm really considering on canceling my order (forfeiting the deposit) and re-ordering with AutoPilot feature.

I broke down the cost it would be to upgrade $5500 (500 charge on late upgrades)+ 81700 would take me around $87200, where as ordering a new MS with autopilot would be $83200 + 2500 (deposit I lost) pushes my total for a new order to 85700. I would save about $1500 just waiting another month which is not a big deal to me.

is there anything missing on the new orders compared to orders made before July?

As much as I look forward to delivery in Mid August I think this would be the only path I can take if the sales department cant help with any price adjustments.

upload_2018-7-23_12-37-32.png

• Informative
Reactions: MarkKW