Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price increase? [posted 06.16.2022]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interestingly, Google just showed me this:

Teslas chargers were ~96% functional vs other chargers at closer to 70%. To be fair, full-scale DC chargers like Electrify America are probably a bit more reliable than some random 240v AC charger in a restaurant parking lot, but my experience with non-Tesla AC chargers has been pretty abysmal.

Reactions: Hiline
Interestingly, Google just showed me this:

Teslas chargers were ~96% functional vs other chargers at closer to 70%. To be fair, full-scale DC chargers like Electrify America are probably a bit more reliable than some random 240v AC charger in a restaurant parking lot, but my experience with non-Tesla AC chargers has been pretty abysmal.
Can you expand on your experience a bit? I just got the CCS1 adapter and am planning on using other charging networks to complement superchargers.

Great chart. Looks like Tesla really shines in the efficiency numbers (Wh/miles). They may overstate their EPA range a bit but their battery and motor technology must be extremely good to get these low consumption numbers, especially given how powerful the cars are. Well done.
@rjpjnk Yup. And look at that 2021 M3LR result. A new 2021+ M3P will have the same efficiency except for the wheels and tires. Which DO make a difference, but they're NOT going to drop it from 345 all the way to 256. Using that old 2018 Edmunds test to compare with is just FUD.

Putting smaller diameter and much lighter wheels on my 2021 M3P helped its efficiency (even though I stayed with max performance summer tires). I wonder how much the same change would help an i4 M50, which looks like it comes with unnecessarily huge wheels too.

On the pricing topic, one question I keep in mind is would I still buy my car again right now? M3P is (and was before this non-P increase) $5k more than when I purchased...yeah I probably would.

I'd definitely test drive the i4 M50 if it's out now, though I expect I'll end up ranking it 3rd for my preferences behind M3P and Polestar 2 Performance. I don't think there's anything else new on the market that I'd be interested in. The extra $5k would be frustrating...but ultimately not enough to change any ranking for me.