Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price Increase Threat from Salesperson // Help // Advice Needed!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you place your order and pay the deposit your price will be locked in. I know this because I ordered my car in late June and all of the line items that increased in price (seats, PUP) after my order are still the same price. I got in when AP was $2.5K so all I had to do was pay the additional $2.5K for the enhanced AP.

I think they are trying to recuperate some of the cost of making all of the 60s with 75 batteries. The upgrade rate is probably not what they were hoping for so they need to get some of that money back. Plus the new sensor suite as well might be part of it, but believe the later is the primary motivation. I seem to recall that the price increase only applied to the base model 60 (which I assume would include 60D as well).

I received an e-mail from Tesla earlier this evening. Had a pointer to the blog posting on the Supercharger changes (no longer all-you-can-eat buffet), mention of the Self-Driving hardware, and also said there would be a price increase.

Again, this is quoting the e-mail from [email protected] with a subject of Tesla Update - November 2016

Price Increase for Model S 60
On November 22, 2016 the base price of Model S 60 will be increasing by $2,000. Now is the time to get behind the wheel of a Tesla for as low as $737/month (details here). The Model S 60 can drive up to 218 miles on a single charge and accelerates from zero to 60 mph in just 5.5 seconds.

Hi All,

I still have a lot of work to do on discovery of 240 v 14-50 outlet installation costs as well as insurance costs, and don't want to feel rushed.

-Z
With the price increase confirmed (nice guy, one benefit of having a non-commissioned salesforce - he doesn't care what or when you order - but he can 'treat you right') - you've presumably completed your research items.

NEMA 14-50 - cheap, easy (in comparison to cost of car).
Insurance, in my case, same or lower than new Audi/BMW/Merc.
Don't forget GAP insurance - with Amfam roadside, $65 per day of car rental and GAP for a good size loan was something like $70 - for the year!