Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price Increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well now it's $5k higher than it was when I bought mine in February. I can officially sell mine at a profit.

Is Tesla ramping up the price expecting the government incentives to cushion the blow? As it is now, someone buying the car with $7500 in rumored incentives is only getting $2500 off the price I paid.
In Ca.the only incentive is a whopping $1500 Ca. clean fuel reward, covers the $1200 destination feel

I’m only one data point in the > 500K bracket but the Trump tax “cuts” had me go from writing checks for a few grand with my tax returns to writing a check that would buy a nice model Y. My actual tax burden always drops under Democrat policies and increases under Republican policies so my personal experience is the opposite of what media reporting would have you believe.
I can only go off what was reported by corporations in public filings, but a vast majority benefited from that 2018 bill, and many of them used the cuts to do stock buybacks.
Reaganomics 'trickle down economics' have been the calling card of Republicans since the 80's and has never worked. But I would never call Democrats and Wall Street 'friends'. Dems always want to tax and regulate them. Not sure, how you can see it differently?

Having concerns about a $3.5T infrastructure bill and how the F we are going to pay for it does not make someone Republican. The fact that Joe does not have full support of his party on this bill should tell you everything you need to know about fiscal responsibility (or lack thereof).
Fiscal Responsibility....what about the last guy in the White House?:eek:

@LBM4 if you believe that large corporations with armies of tax attorneys and a history of exposing loopholes are just going to roll over and pay the proposed 21% tax on profits, I want what you’re smoking. Every financial analyst who has done a tear down on the proposed funding has come to the same conclusion - “no way”. If you don’t think that ultimately comes back to us in the form of higher taxes, then I have some investment ideas I want to pitch to you with a guaranteed 24% annual return 😂
Hey can I get in on those 24%ers :D

Where is that at buddy? Is this something recent or tied to income?
Per their website, "The Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) promotes clean vehicle adoption in California by offering rebates of up to $7,000 for the purchase or lease of new, eligible zero-emission vehicles, including electric, plug-in hybrid electric and fuel cell vehicles." Bold added for emphasis.

It depends on type of clean vehicle and income bracket/eligibility. In general most people can get a Model 3 or Y for $2,000 credit.

Yes. The bu77sh1t starts on page 1 and ends on page 2,456.
I'd be willing to bet that if this legislation was written by Republicans, word for word, you'd be praising it as the best thing since sliced bread. But, I won't be drawn into a debate regarding this piece of legislation, with someone as closed minded as you. It's pointless and a waste of time.

I'd be willing to bet that if this legislation was written by Republicans, word for word, you'd be praising it as the best thing since sliced bread. But, I won't be drawn into a debate regarding this piece of legislation, with someone as closed minded as you. It's pointless and a waste of time.
Environmental legislation written by Republicans lolz

Reactions: Daekwan
Well now it's $5k higher than it was when I bought mine in February. I can officially sell mine at a profit.

Is Tesla ramping up the price expecting the government incentives to cushion the blow? As it is now, someone buying the car with $7500 in rumored incentives is only getting $2500 off the price I paid.
I also bought my Y at the end of February when the base price was $48990? I never bought a car that 'appreciated" after driving off the car lot?

Reactions: zpaul