Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price Increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well another $1K price increase. Now $62K for the P and $55K for the LR.

View attachment 718306
So now what on a M3P??? Suck it up and get in line now with a $1k increase in hopes that's where the price hikes stop? Or just more reason now to wait on this stupid bill to pass or fail one way or another? If tax incentives come back in 2022 this isn't all that bad. Still sucks, but not that much. $57.9k is now $2.9k OVER the proposed $55k cap for sedans to qualify anyway.
I got my LRMY dual motor at the end of February where you see the yellow chart line drop below $50k for a two week period to $48990 before rising up the ladder to currently a $6k equity. The auto industry is suffering from the Chip Shortage and it's Global not just in the US.

That $1500 is going down to $750 in a month, so to get that $1500 your car has to be delivered before 11/2
i just saw that. It’s now reflected on the order site…

7BB7AD51-70A8-490F-9F83-6326B0173556.jpeg

Reactions: heapmaster
All the posts claim that the price of MY LR increased from 52990 to 54990 by 2K. However, I remember the price was 53990 after mid-Aug until last weekend, so the price increase seems to be 1K. Which one is correct?

All the posts claim that the price of MY LR increased from 52990 to 54990 by 2K. However, I remember the price was 53990 after mid-Aug until last weekend, so the price increase seems to be 1K. Which one is correct?
You are correct the price was $53,990 mid august. The most recent two price changes for the Model Y LR.
  • 7/22/2021: $52,990 --> $53,990
  • 10/5/2021: $53,990 --> $54,990
See my spreadsheet for details and references.

Having concerns about a $3.5T infrastructure bill and how the F we are going to pay for it does not make someone Republican. The fact that Joe does not have full support of his party on this bill should tell you everything you need to know about fiscal responsibility (or lack thereof).
I actually see this as the way government is SUPPOSED to work. An entire party is not supposed to be always in lock step with each other. Right now we have one half of elected officials trying to move the country forward. The other half is scared to death of being criticized by the former guy for supporting anything Biden does or says, even if their constituents largely are for it.

As far as how they're paying for the infrastructure bill, seems to me increasing taxes on the rich and large corporations is a pretty reasonable suggestion that 98% of us should agree with.

Well they need to figure it out! My EDD is Oct 29 - Nov 26. At this point I'll probably push delivery till January for a 2022 purchase. That way if something passes in 2022 I could be eligible for whatever they decide.

What government incentives?
Not sure if this is a leading Q or genuine one, I’ll assume it’s genuine. Shame on you if it’s a leading Q.

In the US, part of the current budget deal is a proposal to modify the existing EV rebate/ point of sale incentive to remove the 200k car limit which would allow Tesla to participate in the EV incentive program again. It is still very much in flux and the House version was apparently sink-holed, but the Senate version is still bobbing around. I suggested above it was rumored, but that’s not quite accuracy. It exists in multiple forms but if it gets signed and what the final version looks like is up in the air. Until the budget gets finalized we don’t really know if it will happen or not.

That’s better than WA. They offer a sales tax rebate, but it’s only on the first $20K and car price needs to be under $45K, so basically written to exclude Teslas 🙄
For real. I managed to get the rebate on my MY, because it was totally base - stock wheels, white, black interior, standard range. I can't imagine any other config qualifying. $42k and some change out the door.

Reactions: alloverx
For real. I managed to get the rebate on my MY, because it was totally base - stock wheels, white, black interior, standard range. I can't imagine any other config qualifying. $42k and some change out the door.
Nice!
That’s better than WA. They offer a sales tax rebate, but it’s only on the first $20K and car price needs to be under $45K, so basically written to exclude Teslas 🙄

At risk of delving into sensitive or controversial political topics, here's my take:
Even though it stings a bit, the dollar stratification of the tax code kinda makes sense. Tesla 3 and Y's have likely displaced a lot of Audi 3 / 4 series, BMW 3 series, Mercedes C class, Acura and Lexus sales. Those buyers are in an income bracket that really don't need a tax break or incentive to go EV.

Makes more sense to preserve those funds for the next tier down and get the Corolla / Camry / Accord / Civic / Elantra / Forte / used all the above cars off the road and increase EV adoption to middle income buyers. EV's can't just be viewed as a luxury item, they need to be mainstream choices and as awesome as it is to see Tesla crush everyone, there have to be more choices from other brands, and lower cost, to start pivoting Americans off ICE and into EV's. So yes, WA State's "Tesla Poison Pill" for state tax waivers stings a little, but the ~$2000 savings is unlikely to be any sort of inhibitor/accellerant for most Washingtonians that are purchasing a Tesla.

Reactions: voxel
In addition to the general MSPR price increases, Tesla seems to be slowly increasing peripheral costs.
  • Order Cost increased from $100 to $250
  • Changed from 1 year free Premium Connectivity to 30 days. So basically increase in price of $110 + tax for the same product.
Also looks like Tesla is pushing the 20" Induction Wheels as "default" on their website configurator. Essentially slipping an increase to the MY price by $2,000. Estimated delivery is April for 20" Induction Wheels and July for 19" Gemini Wheels.

In addition to the general MSPR price increases, Tesla seems to be slowly increasing peripheral costs.
  • Changed from 1 year free Premium Connectivity to 30 days. So basically increase in price of $110 + tax for the same product.
Also looks like Tesla is pushing the 20" Induction Wheels as "default" on their website configurator. Essentially slipping an increase to the MY price by $2,000. Estimated delivery is April for 20" Induction Wheels and July for 19" Gemini Wheels.
July is only for the white car, black interior, 5 seat, and 19" wheels. Change any of those things and it moves back to April. Clearly they don't want to sell the lowest priced option.

As a Tesla shareholder, I like seeing the subscription model changes like this.