Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price increase?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I priced my X90D out yesterday and today, metallic paint, white interior with carbon fiber, 6 seater, and I think all the options after that. Same price as I've always had. Doesn't mean a different battery size, wheel option, red MC paint, interior color, or something I've forgotten hasn't changed.

I can't figure out exactly what changed but it seems the same config I've been pondering over went up some 1500 or so. Anyone else notice the same and recall what's different now?

@Screwbal @animorph There has been talk of price increases. They already announced that prices in the UK are going up 5%, but similarly I think they are just raising the prices of some configs even in the US. Not clear as to the reason, but a few others have said they either heard prices were going up by people in the showrooms or just noticed they went up. So it sounds like the time to order might be soon if it's not too late. But when you order, be sure to use a referral code to cushion the blow by reducing the price $1000, and if an inventory car, sometimes they negotiate. I have a code below if you're interested, and also some free Tesla gear from past referrals if you wanted any of that for free also (message).

Good luck, it's definitely an awesome car and I'd highly recommend! :)

Referral | Tesla

I figured it out now... the cars have the $1,200 destination/doc fee. It seems in their new website update on a mobile device that $1,200 is accounted for and rolls into the total. Building my config again from a desktop machine shows as expected for the price.

I think they are slowly increasing the price of their cars.
It's a bit more complicated however, since a base Model S now comes standard with features that were either optional a few years ago or didn't even exist before.

And since market demand for Teslas continues to increase there is certainly no reason from a revenue analysis point of view for Tesla to lower the price of their cars. Tesla is a public company and if they decreased their prices in the face of rising demand they could be accused of not acting in the best interest of their shareholders.

And of course it's not as simple as that since it is well known what the mission of the company is and it is not to maximize profits.

@Screwbal @animorph There has been talk of price increases. They already announced that prices in the UK are going up 5%, but similarly I think they are just raising the prices of some configs even in the US. Not clear as to the reason, but a few others have said they either heard prices were going up by people in the showrooms or just noticed they went up. So it sounds like the time to order might be soon if it's not too late. But when you order, be sure to use a referral code to cushion the blow by reducing the price $1000, and if an inventory car, sometimes they negotiate. I have a code below if you're interested, and also some free Tesla gear from past referrals if you wanted any of that for free also (message).

Good luck, it's definitely an awesome car and I'd highly recommend! :)

Referral | Tesla
That doesn't mean that they will higher the price in US, it was only to compensate for a weaker pound. Tesla have always have a policy to have about the same price in all countries except taxes and VAT. Then I started to look at tesla in 2013-2014 the price of a Model S 60 was $59000 in USA and 650 000 SEK, now the price in USA is $58000 and here in Sweden is 854 000 SEK. The only reason for this is that one dollar earlier cost about 7 SEK and now it cost 9 sek.