TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Price increases after editing order

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by ftlum, Aug 18, 2018.

1. ftlum

ftlum Member

Hi All.

Can someone confirm that if you ordered before the price increases and edited your paint now, you’d not be charged the higher amount (ie it’d still be $1000 for Obsidian Black, Silver, etc instead of $1500). In other words, can someone confirm that Tesla honors the prices for the date you put in your order?

Long story: I ordered in early July, then edited my paint from Metallic Silver to Obsidian shortly after the price increases. I got hit with the website glitch where everything in my order increased in price (eg AWD), even though I had not changed that part of my order). I understand this is just a glitch and the original price will be honored. I hear that website glitch is now fixed (for people going forward but not me) so I am suspecting that anyone who ordered earlier but edits their paint now will see $1000 prices for Obsidian and Silver, if they were to edit their order. Unfortunately the Tesla customer support people seem to be completely uninformed about what has been going on or what their policy is on honoring old prices. I kept getting different responses from different people. It would help immensely if I could show them that someone who switches paint now doesn’t get charged the higher prices (if that’s actually the case).

Many, many thanks in advance!

2. Evoixse

Evoixse Member

Yea you get charged the new price is what I was told by all representatives. The only time you dont get charged is if you had silver and kept silver but added white interior or fsd and so on. The same way people that had rwd and added awd after the price increase get charged the higher awd price

• Like x 1
  3. jsrawa

jsrawa Member

If I hit the exit button now I have the original prices for the paint etc. from when I placed the order. Tesla seems to have corrected the website and you can now make changes without price increases.

• Like x 1
  4. S5S5G6

S5S5G6 Supporting Member

This is what I heard, checked, and called in again to confirm after I added FSD.

5. S5S5G6

S5S5G6 Supporting Member

This seems to depend on if/when you edited at all. For me (edited a week ago) it still shows new pricing. But rep clarified my IDA will fix that all.