Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price increases

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As of today, the prices have gone up significantly for many configurations. The base prices seem to have been increased very slightly (at least in Norway), while the options have really gone through the roof. It seems that well-specced cars now cost 5-10% more than previously.

This will certainly affect ASP in Q1 and Q2!

As of today, the prices have gone up significantly for many configurations. The base prices seem to have been increased very slightly (at least in Norway), while the options have really gone through the roof. It seems that well-specced cars now cost 5-10% more than previously.

This will certainly affect ASP in Q1 and Q2!

Compared to when? And is it only for Norway?

I built out the Model S I have been wanting to purchase and I feel like its more now then it was a week ago so maybe you're right. I don't have hard numbers sadly.

Some prices have gone down as well - Tech was 3300 - now 3100, Weather was 675 - now 600. I see that Fog's are now available. Sound, rear facing seats and lighting have gone up the most, they were cheaper than the US prices before (lighting was half the US price - now similar price converting $ to Euro. Rear facing seats are now similar price to US also. These are European prices. I made a note of them about 1 month ago so that I knew if they went up and by what amount

- - - Updated - - -

Compared to when? And is it only for Norway?

I built out the Model S I have been wanting to purchase and I feel like its more now then it was a week ago so maybe you're right. I don't have hard numbers sadly.

Bardlebee - As far as I can see US prices ave not chnages, it is the European ones that have and it looks as thought the prices of some options have been brought in line with Us prices.

If i configure the model that i ordered, the price would be about 2.500 euro lower than before.
Some options became cheaper:
metallic paint (-50 euro)
Leather seats (- 100 euro)
dual charger (- 100 euro)
tech package (-250 euro)
parcel shelf (- 50 euro)
parking sensors (-50 euro)

The base price for 85kwh is now also lower: was € 83.150 and is now € 79.000

Some prices have gone down as well - Tech was 3300 - now 3100, Weather was 675 - now 600. I see that Fog's are now available. Sound, rear facing seats and lighting have gone up the most, they were cheaper than the US prices before (lighting was half the US price - now similar price converting $ to Euro. Rear facing seats are now similar price to US also. These are European prices. I made a note of them about 1 month ago so that I knew if they went up and by what amount

- - - Updated - - -

Bardlebee - As far as I can see US prices ave not chnages, it is the European ones that have and it looks as thought the prices of some options have been brought in line with Us prices.

Ah that must be normal sticker shock then. Everytime I configure a Model S to purchase I second guess it as it always climbs above 90k :(

One day... after I save enough to make sane car payments.

Well I configured my P85, but it's hard to be sure how much I should configure as the P85 previously came with loads of stuff included that now is optional and never was it clear if some stuff (i.e. yacht floor and extended leather) were previously included or not. Overall my configuration is now 50 eur cheaper, probably the parcel shelf part ;)

Also, now the EU delivery is showing P85 as priority three month delivery. So ordering today one should get it in February. A few days ago it was 5-6 months.

This is probably because the Norwegian Krone is weak against the dollar.

The car I was wondering about buying is now 10k more expensive. I can not belive they did this in one day, really bugs me. That they choose to do it on the same day that the government of Norway cuts taxes on ICE-cars and give less money to the national charging-network is just bad timing.

Last edited: