Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price just dropped for FSD in my account to $2600 from $4000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

03DSG

Apr 5, 2016
Ontario
Car delivered June with EAP. Bought.

DC4899AD-5900-4DF9-86BD-C878C255F277.png

Last edited:
$2,600 for me (I originally ordered my car with EAP). However, I think the now-discontinued EAP is equivalent in function to the new AP + FSD. So what does the $2,600 get me exactly? Free upgrade to HW3 whenever that gets released? Full autonomous driving at some distant point in the future?

$2,600 for me (I originally ordered my car with EAP). However, I think the now-discontinued EAP is equivalent in function to the new AP + FSD. So what does the $2,600 get me exactly? Free upgrade to HW3 whenever that gets released? Full autonomous driving at some distant point in the future?

Today? Nothing. Your EAP functions are locked in. I believe we can expect constant additions and improvements to FSD over time.

Starting with this:

Full Self-Driving capability includes Navigate on Autopilot, Advanced Summon, Auto Lane Change, Autopark and, later this year, will recognize and respond to traffic lights. Plus navigate on autopilot in the city and auto lane change without confirmation when released as a start.

That and the HW3 upgrade.

Last edited:
Just upgraded from EAP to FSD for $2600CAD

In my opinion $2600 is worth it for the new HW version 3 computer. Just to future proof the car when new more tasking updates start to appear.

Honestly I was going to hold out but I personally see the value. Computers are expensive... plus the labour costs to replace it... plus the continued software development. It's quite a reasonable price.

Mine is $2600 and $4000 now (got mine in October). Just bought AP for $2600.

Wow, so for those that did NOT previously order EAP, the cost for AP and FSD is $6,600 total. That seems like a great deal.

For someone like me that ordered EAP with the car for $6,600, getting to FSD will cost an additional $2,600 for a total of $9,200. :confused:

Or am I missing something?

Or am I missing something?

No, you’ve got it right. It’s very much a the first will be last and the last will be first type situation. The early adopters kind of get shafted. It’s even worse for those that paid for FSD they get no discount at all only the early access program and first ones to get hw3. At least you get some discount on FSD.

It only makes sense from the perspective of Tesla trying to get maximum uptake/money.

I mean it made sense for Tesla to say buy EAP now for $6600 now or more later. But eventually the price in my account went up to $9200 and there was no way I was paying that after not being willing to get it for $6600.

I forget how much it was during the trial maybe $7200 but that still wasn’t all that tempting though I’m sure some people who were on the fence got it but that’s just because they knew they’d never get it for $9200.

Once it hit $2600 I instantly broke down and got it. (And my wife’s still not too happy with me...).

And I’ll almost certainly get FSD when the street light/ stop sign detection is released (assuming it’s still available at this price...). But doubt I would have gotten EAP + FSD for $14000 or whatever the total cost was before...

Reactions: CRASHER
But.... HW3 is only relevant for EAP no? If you don't have EAP... HW3 totally unnecessary, so not a steal. Am I missing something?
No it’s only relevent to FSD. HW3 is required for it to work. You need AP to buy FSD.

HW3 is 10x faster than current hardware. The amount of software updates that was limited to or required hardware 2.5 to function properly should give you an idea of what’s to come when hardware 3 comes out.

Therefore, at least for me, the $2600 is worth it for HW3 alone.

Reactions: McFlurri