Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price just dropped for FSD in my account to $2600 from $4000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the sentry mode is a different matter. Elon Musk said that since sentry mode is security related, every body will have it regardless of buying autopilot or not. So my understanding is all cars will have it.

All cars that support it. Sentry mode only works on HW 2.5 cars, not HW 2.0 cars. But if the FSD package includes a HW 3 upgrade, then maybe cars that currently don't have sentry mode (because they're HW 2.0) will gain support because they'll become HW 3.

On the other hand, I wouldn't count on it. The APU is designed for a quick swap, but the cameras aren't. Sentry mode might depend on the HW 2.5 cameras, and even if the APU is upgraded the car still won't support it.

I don't think anyone, even Tesla, knows for sure what will or won't happen in the future.

The only functional difference between AP 2.0 hardware and AP 2.5 hardware is an increase in the processor & bus speeds.

As I understand it, the hardware 3.0 upgrade should address both of those, thus AP 2.0 vehicles that get the upgrade should be able to utilize the dashcam and sentry features.