Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price just dropped for FSD in my account to $2600 from $4000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_4755.JPG
Ordered AP last week. Now stuck in the "Software update in progress" screen almost everytime starting the car. I'm still in firmware 2018.50.6 ... Annoying !

It’s looks like both AutoPilot and FSD are going back up to regular prices by Monday.

All those who were sitting on the fence should buy now (including me).

View attachment 385616
I’m honestly tired of this BS. Tesla should just do sales promos like every other retailer and have them expire after a week. This way you will know it’s a 30% - 50% sale and save everyone the headache.

I have EAP on my Model 3, pull the trigger on FSD after reading this . But after purchase, I did not receive anything from Tesla. It is not even showing on my Tesla online account that I have it. The only differences that I have seen is that autopilot purchase option is gone.

I have EAP on my Model 3, pull the trigger on FSD after reading this . But after purchase, I did not receive anything from Tesla. It is not even showing on my Tesla online account that I have it. The only differences that I have seen is that autopilot purchase option is gone.
Same thing happened with me when I purchased AP on Tuesday/Wednesday. Didn't get anything until eventually it installed on the car. Still don't have anything showing on my account, or an email, or any kind of receipt.

Just bought the FSD upgrade and nothing showing up, and I guess I'll just wait until that install too.

It's kind of more difficult if you already have EAP though, as there's no way to tell that FSD is "installed" on the car as there are no new features yet...

Same thing happened with me when I purchased AP on Tuesday/Wednesday. Didn't get anything until eventually it installed on the car. Still don't have anything showing on my account, or an email, or any kind of receipt.

Just bought the FSD upgrade and nothing showing up, and I guess I'll just wait until that install too.

It's kind of more difficult if you already have EAP though, as there's no way to tell that FSD is "installed" on the car as there are no new features yet...
I guess we have to wait for the hardware update notification in order to tell. Also this is one of the reasons I upgrade to the FSD from EAP. I think a working FSD software is still years away. All I hope that the new hardware will improve NOA. Anyway, I bought this upgrade on the leap of fate.

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck

I guess we have to wait for the hardware update notification in order to tell. Also this is one of the reasons I upgrade to the FSD from EAP. I think a working FSD software is still years away. All I hope that the new hardware will improve NOA. Anyway, I bought this upgrade on the leap of fate.

Okay, under details page, I am now seeing FSD under autopilot. I did screen shot, just in case it disappears again.

You should get a pop up message on your touchscreen saying it’s purchased/installed. I got it the same day as I pulled the trigger.

My biggest worry is, there is no official stance from Tesla stating that if you purchase FSD you will get a free upgrade to HW3. All anyone has to go on is the word of Elon Musk.

I'm pretty sure the MVPA even has wording saying that only official communications from Tesla are to be considered sources of truth, paraphrasing of course.

It’s looks like both AutoPilot and FSD are going back up to regular prices by Monday.

All those who were sitting on the fence should buy now (including me).

View attachment 385616

Better buy it now so they can get that money in for the Q1 results... I think it was all a scam to get extra sales while the company was needing to raise revenue. Drop the price and get some people to buy the updates then say they are going back up and get more people to buy updates. I am tired of the games that are played every quarter to bring in revenue.

My biggest worry is, there is no official stance from Tesla stating that if you purchase FSD you will get a free upgrade to HW3. All anyone has to go on is the word of Elon Musk.

I'm pretty sure the MVPA even has wording saying that only official communications from Tesla are to be considered sources of truth, paraphrasing of course.

Tesla listed Twitter as their official communication method. As CEO of Tesla, anything Elon says on Twitter counts.

Screenshot the tweet if you’re worried. It’s binding IMHO.