Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price just dropped for FSD in my account to $2600 from $4000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you guys now planning to order FSD since the price is going back up monday?

I bought AP last week and it showed up yesterday morning finally after a software update to 2019.5.15 Finally have Sentry mode, dog mode, blind spot chiming and AP is enabled. Going to see today if it updated my range to 523km as well.

Are you guys now planning to order FSD since the price is going back up monday?

I bought AP last week and it showed up yesterday morning finally after a software update to 2019.5.15 Finally have Sentry mode, dog mode, blind spot chiming and AP is enabled. Going to see today if it updated my range to 523km as well.
Already got it, just as soon as the price dropped. ;)

Better buy it now so they can get that money in for the Q1 results... I think it was all a scam to get extra sales while the company was needing to raise revenue. Drop the price and get some people to buy the updates then say they are going back up and get more people to buy updates. I am tired of the games that are played every quarter to bring in revenue.
Lets be serious...every company 'plays games' when it comes to end of quarter: pulling in as many orders as possible, offering incentives (even dino juice mobiles are best bought at end of month/quarter since you get the best discounts then), etc. It isn't Tesla specific. The only thing that is Tesla specific is the forums discuss things like this to no end.

Is this a 'ploy' to pad the Q1 numbers? Sure. But I plan to 'benefit' from this by purchasing FSD. Would I have purchased it at the original post delivery price of 7200? No. At the pre delivery price of 4000? No. At 2600? Yes, so their strategy worked on me as well as many others judging by the posts around here.

Reactions: Cory_YXU
Lets be serious...every company 'plays games' when it comes to end of quarter: pulling in as many orders as possible, offering incentives (even dino juice mobiles are best bought at end of month/quarter since you get the best discounts then), etc. It isn't Tesla specific. The only thing that is Tesla specific is the forums discuss things like this to no end.

Is this a 'ploy' to pad the Q1 numbers? Sure. But I plan to 'benefit' from this by purchasing FSD. Would I have purchased it at the original post delivery price of 7200? No. At the pre delivery price of 4000? No. At 2600? Yes, so their strategy worked on me as well as many others judging by the posts around here.

When you feel burned in a few years as the old users that have been waiting 2+ years so far and got nothing for our money you will feel the same way. I don't mind incentives but I have a problem with pushing vaporware. I know Elon Tweeted its coming, Its been coming for years and will still be coming in years from now.

Well it's too good an offer to pass up, so I folded and just went all in. I didn't have EAP before so for me to go to FSD, it would have been around $14,000. At $6,600, its a no brainer.
If i could afford it I would do the same.. I hope in a year or so they'll drop it back to $2,000 but i doubt it.

If i could afford it I would do the same.. I hope in a year or so they'll drop it back to $2,000 but i doubt it.

Well, nobody forces you to buy...

My take is when I know the full deal and there is a good review on the FSD, I will take a look at it at that time, not before, and no guess, and not May, Could, will.

Two years from now, something else may come up. I am happy with just the standard Autopilot for under $3000, it works perfectly. We can drive, thanks.

Reactions: CRASHER
It wasn’t in the budget but I bought FSD last week for $2600. The exchange was a reasonable 30% and like some others I wanted the HW 3 upgrade price locked in.

I did the same for the basic Autopilot. I pulled the trigger last week but i'll hold off on FSD until next year. I was disappointed it didn't have auto lane change with the basic AP but that's fine. the new Blind Chime and red lighting helps for now for night time driving.

Reactions: 03DSG
Think I’ll trust Elon over reddit.

More to the point, people at Tesla might be super disorganized and poor at communication but they're not idiots. If Tesla didn't hardware upgrade everyone who bought FSD, then you would have 90-95% of your car fleet that would have "semi working FSD". Combine that with all posted Youtube videos and media publicity, that would be a PR nightmare and death sentence for Tesla.

More to the point, people at Tesla might be super disorganized and poor at communication but they're not idiots. If Tesla didn't hardware upgrade everyone who bought FSD, then you would have 90-95% of your car fleet that would have "semi working FSD". Combine that with all posted Youtube videos and media publicity, that would be a PR nightmare and death sentence for Tesla.

"Semi FSD?", That's what CS over the phone told redittor.

Here is the NEW new chart showing upcoming price changes MONDAY 18’th from Troy @TroyTeslike :

F8339DB4-B5E5-41A2-8250-F59AE1DDD36C.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Tony_YYZ

Oh, okay. The price went back to 6600CAD for those bought EAP , and 9000CAD for those bought AP. Now I believe that they will give HW3 for free for FSD buyers.