Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price of a Model 3 Glovebox compartment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I noticed a scuff on my glovebox so grabbed a microfiber towel and Meguiar's interior cleaner and after trying to remove the scuffs I discovered the microfiber towel left a bunch of new scuffs. Doing a little research on this it seems the interior on Teslas is super easy to scratch and if you look at it wrong it might scratch. I am unsure what to do at this point past replacing it. I have some cleaners coming tomorrow to see if that will make it look better, but it is definitely eye sore at the moment from the link here Twitter link to the image . If someone is able to provide the price of a glovebox or if this is possibly replaced under warranty it would be appreciated. Thank you.

Unless you are planning on replacing it yourself, your best course of action would be to contact your local tesla service center and ask them the price for your car. Its not like you can buy it from anyplace other than tesla, so there isnt any reason to NOT contact them.

Unless you are planning on replacing it yourself, your best course of action would be to contact your local tesla service center and ask them the price for your car. Its not like you can buy it from anyplace other than tesla, so there isnt any reason to NOT contact them.
I just contacted the service center and put in a request. There are quite a few on eBay, but I was just trying to figure out if this was maybe not that expensive, or so expensive that I should deal with it since it isn't worth the cost of replacement.

I just contacted the service center and put in a request. There are quite a few on eBay, but I was just trying to figure out if this was maybe not that expensive, or so expensive that I should deal with it since it isn't worth the cost of replacement.

If you are seeing them on ebay, those must have a price there... how much are they (not challenging question, just curious).

Well Tesla service is telling me that it wouldn't be covered under warranty so I guess I am either determining if I want to replace or just deal with the scuffs. Who thought using a dash material that is easier to scratch than a big screen TV (considering I used the same microfiber cloths on my TV and have not scratched it yet) was a good idea.

man... seeing these kinds of posts makes me wanna wrap the interior with PPF the moment I get the car. Lol

Sorry about your situation. What kind of finish is on the glove box, if you don't mind me asking...painted? Soft touch? Leather? I don't know because I've never actually sat in a tesla model 3 before.