Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price of DM increased again, this time to $6,000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

voip-ninja

Give me some sugar baby
Mar 15, 2012
Colorado
4465CDA0-1064-4ECF-BEDF-5919E2284E8E.png
wow.

I wonder if this is to try to move out RWD inventory.

Will it go back down?

I had an AWD Model 3 configured and I was ready to order...

I refreshed the page to double check everything and show my wife the order and the price was higher! Gah!

$5k was pushing it and I was already on the fence. Looks like I'm ordering a RWD!

I would go AWD still. I predicted this move over two months ago. Demand is completely inelastic at 4K, and 5K so they need to go 6K.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
What’s funny is each time they do this it makes it harder for someone with an existing awd order to rationalize upgrading to performance when they think about how they are already getting a special discount on their current order that they won’t get upgrading to performance.

Reactions: jsrawa
Damn! I changed my order from RWD to AWD on Saturday, but still waiting for it to update online. Sales rep said it would take some days to update online...and now the price went up! I’m hoping they can respect the price it was a few days ago when he “technically” submitted the change....

IMO, it is moronic to think Tesla raised the price of AWD in order to drive people back to RWD. It's obvious they underpriced the AWD option and the increase is to collect easy money.

IMO this is moronic.

They used to charge $5k to upgrade from RWD to AWD Model S.

They have too many RWD Model 3 and not enough AWD Model 3. This is quite clear from delivery time estimation.

Raising the price for AWD will make some people not take the AWD option, like Gur814.