Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price of replaceing roof glass

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunatly a 2x4 fell on my MY roof glass, this caused a big chip and a 5" crack in the glass roof. Has any one replaced the roof and how much was the bill for the replacement? I assume I am going to pay for this to be fixed. Any help will be appreciated. Also did you have it done by Tesla or a place like saftyglass and how long did you waite for the roof glass to come in.

Thank you in advance
Bert

I had mine done under warranty due to a defect in the glass. I think if had not been under warranty it would have been in the $1,250 range.

Tesla did the work, it took 2 weeks for them to get in a replacement piece of glass, and they had the car overnight to allow time for the adhesive to cure. Not sure I would trust that repair to someone like Safelite.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
Unfortunatly a 2x4 fell on my MY roof glass, this caused a big chip and a 5" crack in the glass roof. Has any one replaced the roof and how much was the bill for the replacement? I assume I am going to pay for this to be fixed. Any help will be appreciated. Also did you have it done by Tesla or a place like saftyglass and how long did you waite for the roof glass to come in.

Thank you in advance
Bert
Cant you fill the crack ? with windshield crack repair methods ?

Thank you in advance
Bert
I just had to replace my roof for the second time due to rocks hitting it and cracking. The first time the Tesla service center in Tampa took care of it. The second time I had a hard time finding an appointment and the Ft. Myers service center told ,e they no longer replace glass. They gave me the number of Auto Glass Warehouse and it took a little over a week to get the glass and make an appointment. They were great and filed insurance for me which Tesla would not take.