Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price question on LR M3 w/ 60K miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  1. I am looking at a Long Range RWD M3 in really good shape (midnight silver, has EAP, pretty early VIN at 18XXX, but does have GEN 2 seats...), but it has 60K miles on it. I am struggling with how to value it. There seems to be a fair amount of options for similar cars in the low $40K's but with a lot less miles. What do you think this is worth given the miles?

Last edited:
  1. I am looking at a Long Range RWD M3 in really good shape (midnight silver, has EAP, pretty early VIN at 18XXX, but does have GEN 2 seats...), but it has 60K miles on it. I am struggling with how to value it. There seems to be a fair amount of options for similar cars in the low $40K's but with a lot less miles. What do you think this is worth given the miles?
Seems like every time someone posts a vehicle for sale on this board, there are all sorts of responses about how it is not priced correctly. Where are those guys now?

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but it's really up to you and what you're comfortable spending. Keep in mind that it is no longer under the 50K mile bumper to bumper warranty, and being an early VIN, it can be prone to some issues that will have to be paid for out of pocket.

To me, warranty is very valuable; I wouldn't even want one out of warranty unless there is a significant discount to account for possible costs down the road. If lower mileage ones are in the low 40s, then at max I'd think about mid 30s. Unfortunately, the used Tesla market sometimes just doesn't make sense, with people paying close to retail on used cars, and some sellers listing for new price (after incentives).

Keep in mind that due to the pandemic, used prices have come down, and the floodgates are opening, especially with people jumping to a Model Y. Do not rush if you do not feel comfortable, there will be plenty of deals to be had.

Its pending sale atm. Did you buy it?

upload_2020-5-24_13-59-49.png

• Funny
Reactions: UCF3
I know this isn't what you want to hear, but it's really up to you and what you're comfortable spending. Keep in mind that it is no longer under the 50K mile bumper to bumper warranty, and being an early VIN, it can be prone to some issues that will have to be paid for out of pocket.

To me, warranty is very valuable; I wouldn't even want one out of warranty unless there is a significant discount to account for possible costs down the road. If lower mileage ones are in the low 40s, then at max I'd think about mid 30s

This pretty much sums it up. Warranty is important on these, if not, it really must be a good deal. Low 30s.

Don't worry about not buying it. If you can, wait and watch the sales. There will be more and more Model 3 owners who will want to buy a 3XL (Y) and the used 3 market will expand.