Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price rises thread?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I went to bed last night having had the realisation that my may order LR 19" is not coming any time soon, but switching to performance would actually cost less (even after £1500 price drop in July) and according to this, theres only 9 miles (realistic) range difference.

Tesla Range Table - Teslike.com

Got on it this morning and spent the day beating myself up thinking I got it wrong as its actually £1600 or so more.

Now I know why....

They'll let me switch spec and put me in priority queue for a P and itll only be £100 more than my original LR price (pre july decrease) so I may do it anyway but talk about Friday 13th bad luck!

It is kinda silly though. I mean this forum is likely to be biased I know, but the government is giving incentives to individuals (Plug In Grant, OLEV grant) and businesses (No BIK liability for charging at work, incentives to fit chargers etc), and then they have this luxury car tax applying to EVs too.

Granted no one needs a Tesla over a cheaper EV, but still. Smaller, cheaper EVs might not have the range or storage capacity etc.

It is kinda silly though. I mean this forum is likely to be biased I know, but the government is giving incentives to individuals (Plug In Grant, OLEV grant) and businesses (No BIK liability for charging at work, incentives to fit chargers etc), and then they have this luxury car tax applying to EVs too.

Granted no one needs a Tesla over a cheaper EV, but still. Smaller, cheaper EVs might not have the range or storage capacity etc.

If anybody knows of another EV that's available, fits a family of 4 and does over 200 miles I'll consider it. When ordering there was a six month wait on the next serious contender (Kona) and the price wasn't far off.