Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price rises

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanking my lucky stars I reserved my M3 LR, that I took delivery of mid Feb at a price £3.5K less than todays price...now thinking of upgrading to a Model Y, if the trade-in values increase significantly. Negotiations with my wife will need to start again as a 3rd change in 1 year might not go down that well.😄

Reactions: Beatjammer
Don’t panic !!!

But…

Anyone think you’ll see a price rise with the massive rise in commodity prices and strong demand for Tesla and other EVs with these huge oil prices etc .
Glad I read that last night, I was deciding which one to go for next and decided to go for the rwd again so decided to buy it last night. Good timing with the increase! Definitely happy with that decision

went up again in UK too? Twice in a week??

RWD showing £45990 - £2k more than last week and £3k more than two weeks ago
LR showing £54990 - £3k more than last week and £5k more than two weeks ago!

if they're tryign to demand manage thats a pretty blunt instrument. Or they realise they can make more profit and its still affordable for salary sacrifice/business and company car users and retail customers can just suck it up?

Genuinely wonder if I can sell my 4 week old 3LR back for a Y for almost no cost.

if they're tryign to demand manage thats a pretty blunt instrument. Or they realise they can make more profit and its still affordable for salary sacrifice/business and company car users and retail customers can just suck it up?

Genuinely wonder if I can sell my 4 week old 3LR back for a Y for almost no cost.
Crazy folks can have a YLR for the same as a 3LR. Tesla are really pushing the Y

The Y was definitely over priced compared to the old 3 prices. They will have to differentiate price between 3LR and YLR. Can’t stay the same.

YP has always been priced outrageously in the UK. Gap between 3LR and 3P now makes sense.

Higher shell, but you can get a 7 seater in other places and I've heard it will come to EU eventually. Those extra 2 seats at the back are for ants though.
Still its something (7 seats than 5) which differentiates a MY from a M3, right now the offering is not looking appeasing.
Can just fold it, hope a retro fit comes soon, but that will likely cost so went with M3

Still its something (7 seats than 5) which differentiates a MY from a M3, right now the offering is not looking appeasing.
Aren't the biggest differentiators that the MY is a larger car in general & is a hatchback with a very different load capacity and access? It provides an option to those who want/need the SUV style of car rather than the saloon of the M3. For many people, the limited access to the boot of the M3 will just make it an impractical car.

Reactions: spdpsba

get a trade in quote no harm. Takes 2 minutes

people have been getting some very high quotes recently . mine was 8K higher than WBAC and that was before the 5k price rise!