Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price rises...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot_20220315_164252_com.brave.browser.jpg

$74,443 base price before rebate now

You lock in the price at order. Although i recall that some buyers got a refund/reduction when Tesla lowered the price after they ordered.
Yeah so I think they actually lock the price in at registration. Because my wife hadn't gone into the site and registered yet, so now we're paying the price increase. (sigh). You think there's any chance that I could call Tesla and see if they could reduce it?

Question about this price change, I just put an order in 3 days ago, does that mean now I'm going to pay more? Or does Tesla lock in the price it was when I ordered?
I see your location is in the US, this is the NZ forum, as far as I'm aware and what I've seen in the US forums
the same principal applies

The price should be locked in when you order and pay your none refundable order fee
If you change anything after you've ordered the price may also change

Last edited:
So if I place an order now with Red paint and 19s sport wheel which breaks $80243 (incl delivery, order and Rego fee) limit by NZ$243. Am I not eligible for Clean Car Rebate? does anyone know?
if you buy with standard paint, you would be under limit, this works if you are going to get it wrapped anyway...
Alternatively save money on wheel upgrade, once car received, sell standard wheels/tyres for 19/20 inch wheels with larger road profile tyres... you will still be left with handsome chunk from car rebate.
extras can be adjusted by calling Tesla, as long as you are not final invoiced and you already paid it.

Alternatively save money on wheel upgrade, once car received, sell standard wheels/tyres for 19/20 inch wheels with larger road profile tyres... you will still be left with handsome chunk from car rebate.
extras can be adjusted by calling Tesla, as long as you are not final invoiced and you already paid it.

This.

Unless you really like those sports wheels, buy an aftermarket set of wheels for the same price as the upgrade and still keep the stock 18” for future use.

Side note: does anyone know if the sports wheels are lighter and stronger than aftermarket cast wheels?