Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think people are forgetting that basic autopilot became standard, all car prices went up by 2k. So, it is actually, Basic AP(2k) + FSD(10k) = 12k is the actual price. With this price reduction, it is coming to EAP(5k) + FSD(5k) = 10k. that is 2k saving. (This is for original EAP buyers)

Reactions: bhzmark
Yeah, I too got a Model S loaner via Enterprise. The Model S is a bit of a boat, I could adjust. But the lack of even basic AP made the car feel like a trip back to the 1990s. Totally unacceptable.

I don't have the "FSD" beta yet, i.e. no NOA on surface streets, but I use highway NOA and every bit of automation like it's part of my body. As a mammal you don't have to consciously breathe, or control your intestinal tract. You don't have to move in and out of the sun to regulate body temperature like a reptile. These are functions we've delegated to what's called our "autonomous nervous system". Well, after adjustment, a car's automation becomes part of our autonomous nervous system. You don't have to ride the accelerator, brakes, steering. You supervise and free up more of your brain for other processing.

Driving that Model S with no automation was painful, like a part of me was missing, like going back to an earlier stage of evolution. I'd never buy another car without AP/NOA etc. In a few years we'll all be seeing cars like that a lot like stick shift stripped vehicles. Antiques.

I think people are forgetting that basic autopilot became standard, all car prices went up by 2k. So, it is actually, Basic AP(2k) + FSD(10k) = 12k is the actual price. With this price reduction, it is coming to EAP(5k) + FSD(5k) = 10k. that is 2k saving. (This is for original EAP buyers)
Is that really a discount, if they roll the price into a net increase for the car? Something like rolling the PUP package into the Performance model seemed more like a discount, since they reduced (or refunded) 5k on the total cost of the vehicle.

I decided to look up the history, because it starts get all over the place, lol.

"Tesla has tinkered with pricing for the full self-driving package repeatedly over the last two years. In 2018, the package cost $3,000 at vehicle purchase time or $4,000 when purchased later. In 2019, Tesla briefly cut the price to $2,000, angering customers who had paid higher prices. Then Tesla revamped its price structure, making basic Autopilot features standard and raising the FSD package price to $5,000. Tesla subsequently raised the price to $6,000, $7,000, and then $8,000." -Arstechnica