Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prices are slowly going up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Small price adjustments happen all the time at traditional automakers, but they're just not as visible because they're shrouded behind the secrecy of a dealership. I'm amused when short sellers think the sky is falling at Tesla whenever they lower prices, when they wouldn't blink an eye at average sale prices falling at a dealership. I'm guessing Tesla's recent increases have to do with the semiconductor supply issue and the economic recovery.

Last edited:
Reactions: BeeGood
The SR+ and LR Model 3 price went up $500 again:

$39,490 and $48,490

I have been on the fence ordering for months and almost pulled the trigger in Feb when the prices went down, since then the prices have went up $500 every couple weeks. I have been waiting because of the speculation of another tax credit. What a horrible mistake. I want the car, but at this point I might as well wait now.

I suspect the price will continue to increase due to the semi conductor shortage. A lot of automotive companies had to slash their production and had to close allt of plants due to this single problem. Read the news, the chip shortage is looking to last a long time.

Reactions: XPsionic
If I put my deposit down today and the price goes down, can I modify my order and by doing so take advantage of the new price?

I know that if you have a deposit in and the price goes up, modifying the order can cause you to have to pay the increased price, but not sure if it worked the other way.

$39,490 and $48,490

I have been on the fence ordering for months and almost pulled the trigger in Feb when the prices went down, since then the prices have went up $500 every couple weeks. I have been waiting because of the speculation of another tax credit. What a horrible mistake. I want the car, but at this point I might as well wait now.
I've had my 2021 M3P since December 9th. I paid 57900 and just over 60 with tax. After having this car for almost 6 months and knowing what I know now, I would have gladly paid 70k. It is simply amazing. Hope Elon doesn't see this.
130301520_10220768231928316_133092324257472024_n.jpg

I thought it was weird as I was trying to look up pricing that it seemed different. Oh well, I pulled the trigger anyway. I hope I made the right decision to do it now instead of waiting.
It used to be a Swedish dream - to bring up a child, to build a house, and to buy a Volvo.
I think buying a Tesla is an American Dream now. I think you made the right decision, money will come and go, and your Tesla experience will last.

$39,490 and $48,490

Why haven’t you just put $100 down and wait until you feel the moment is right? I did that in early April even though I don’t want the car until August. I’ve saved $1,500 by just reserving my price.

Why haven’t you just put $100 down and wait until you feel the moment is right? I did that in early April even though I don’t want the car until August. I’ve saved $1,500 by just reserving my price.
I talked to three people at tesla (one in store two on line) and they said i will lose my order if i wait more than 3 months from order date, that was my only reason for waiting. Now i am regretting it seeing how many people got away with longer.

Small price adjustments happen all the time at traditional automakers, but they're just not as visible because they're shrouded behind the secrecy of a dealership. I'm amused when short sellers think the sky is falling at Tesla whenever they lower prices, when they wouldn't blink an eye at average sale prices falling at a dealership. I'm guessing Tesla's recent increases have to do with the semiconductor supply issue and the economic recovery.
Yes. Toyota increased their prices too. I’m waiting for a RAV4 Prime and it’s now $150 more between January and now.

I've had my 2021 M3P since December 9th. I paid 57900 and just over 60 with tax. After having this car for almost 6 months and knowing what I know now, I would have gladly paid 70k. It is simply amazing. Hope Elon doesn't see this. View attachment 660110

What!? I paid just over $60k (with tax) for my slow ass 310 mile single motor “LR” RWD in 2018! Prices have definitely dropped since. Not increased as this thread is saying.