Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prices have gone up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What does your order agreement say? That is confirmation of price and specification.

You’d think so, yes, but is that an argument anyone used when their price dropped earlier in the summer? Unfortunately that was the exact same time when my price rose. Subsequently Tesla emailed to say tough sh*t and that anyway my spec had been deferred indefinitely.

(I think the relevant wording in the Order Agreement is:
“...The purchase price of the Vehicle is indicated in your Vehicle Configuration...” which seems clear enough to me - but not to Tesla, apparently.)

Yup, that’s what I thought. So I did the thing you suggested, I questioned it. And, as I said, the answer came back from Tesla last week: “Looking at the most up to date invoice (ie the one with the price £90 higher than my original, unmodified order), this is the same as if you were to build a new Model 3 online- therefore being the correct price”

I’m really struggling to see how that can be interpreted as “the deposit secures the price” but perhaps I’m missing something?

When the prices changes people who wanted to change their orders had price changes as well but those that didn't stuck with their original orders and got the prices they originally ordered at, some people had invoices with higher prices and when questioned Tesla reverted back to their original prices as they said it was an error I believe.

In your situation if the £90 increase is bugging you then I'd pursue it, there are useless people on the customer services so you may have got one of them when initially you queried

• Informative
Reactions: tess19
When the prices changes people who wanted to change their orders had price changes as well but those that didn't stuck with their original orders and got the prices they originally ordered at, some people had invoices with higher prices and when questioned Tesla reverted back to their original prices as they said it was an error I believe.

In your situation if the £90 increase is bugging you then I'd pursue it, there are useless people on the customer services so you may have got one of them when initially you queried

Looks like you are right.
I got through to Delivery Team GB this afternoon and they have committed to correct the price back to the original order amount.
Thanks for the advice.

Looks like you are right.
I got through to Delivery Team GB this afternoon and they have committed to correct the price back to the original order amount.
Thanks for the advice.
Interesting. Similar order to yours but with metallic paint at £950. When the price dropped in July, they issued a revised order agreement with the £1,560 reduced base price but the £900 higher FSD, so net save of £660. I should have been happy but like most I thought the deposit secured the FSD price - Tesla said otherwise in an email to me - so I removed FSD.