Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prices just Dropped

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG. Now I don’t know what to do!!! Do I keep my blue on white that I ordered two days ago and just pocket the $910 and be happy. Or do I switch to white on black (to keep the contrast) and save almost 3k!

Anyone think this white is called the same but actually a different blend of white or more “flat” or anything? White looked gorgeous before, but was kinda boring for me compared to red or blue and if I had to pay anyway to get white might as well pick one of the louder colors...

P3D now starts at $54,990 with an option to get the 18-inch wheels upon request. I sent a request to cancel my existing P3D order (VIN already assigned). The 18-inch option is what I had always preferred, but could not get. This great!

Please report back with any price changes for going with 18 inch wheels and what other changes you'll get as well. If they discount it by a good chunk it's really going to make me wish I could have gotten this config...

OMG. Now I don’t know what to do!!! Do I keep my blue on white that I ordered two days ago and just pocket the $910 and be happy. Or do I switch to white on black (to keep the contrast) and save almost 3k!

Anyone think this white is called the same but actually a different blend of white or more “flat” or anything? White looked gorgeous before, but was kinda boring for me compared to red or blue and if I had to pay anyway to get white might as well pick one of the louder colors...

Decisions, decisions... ;)

People pay different prices for cars all the time, it’s just not as open as Tesla. The amount of whining about price drops is annoying. Would you rather Tesla state an MSRP and then just run periodic sales and incentives and do haggling like every other auto maker? Some people just need to get over it.

We're talking about people that have NOT received their cars yet. I agree with you for people that have.

Reactions: ezevphl
People pay different prices for cars all the time, it’s just not as open as Tesla. The amount of whining about price drops is annoying. Would you rather Tesla state an MSRP and then just run periodic sales and incentives and do haggling like every other auto maker? Some people just need to get over it.

Yes, actually, I would, because I never pay MSRP for cars in the traditional system.

We're talking about people that have NOT received their cars yet. I agree with you for people that have.

Yes, and Tesla historically has adjusted prices for “ordered but not delivered” vehicles.

I ordered before a $1200 price cut in April. They called me - proactively - to let me know the price was changing and I’d see a new MVPA.

No reason to think they won’t do the same here.

Took delivery of my P3D last month before the tax incentive halved again... thought I was being smart

I PAID:
Performance: 59500
Pearl White: 1500
FSD: 6000
Delivery Fee: 1200
Subtotal: 68200
After 10% WA Tax: 75225
After 3750 Tax Incentive 71475

NEW PRICES:
Performance: 54990
Pearl White: incl
Subtotal: 62190
After 10% WA Tax: 68595
After 1875 Tax Incentive 66720

Net Difference: 4755

... stings a little by what can you do

Took delivery of my P3D last month before the tax incentive halved again... thought I was being smart

I PAID:

NEW PRICES:

That’s nothing, my friend bought a new diesel truck (duramax) paid close to 70k. Just went online and checked out Laura gmc, he could’ve had a comparable truck for $13k less. Crap like this happens all the time, just enjoy the car and be thankful you can drive one. I’m still waiting for the chance

I PAID:

NEW PRICES:

Well, you could send a well-crafted email to Tesla CS, asking for something of value that is reasonable and is “the sleeves off of their vest” kind of thing. I bought the LR AWD, for example, so I asked for a free software upgrade - to unlock P3D acceleration. Alternatively, you could just whine and whimper like a scared pup on every forum you can find! :p

Reactions: MagnusMako
Status
Not open for further replies.