Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prices Paid, Discounts, Incentives, and Upgrades Offered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dont have any problems with the cars getting cheaper. The more interesting thing going on in this thread is people are paying different % off MSRP for new Teslas. The old "everyone pays MSRP, even Elon's cousin" appears to be gone and you have to make sure to ask about deals if you want the best price. That sounds a lot like buying a car from a traditional dealer.

All I have learned is that I am not paying MSRP for my next Tesla. There are now deals if you know what to ask for.
OR custom order exactly what you want or are willing to pay for. Your choice.

Has anyone gotten a substantial discount on a model with all the current features with ~5 miles on the odo after March? I guess I saw some folks got a free exterior color or free 19” wheels if there was a near-match car in inventory.

I feel like virtually all the big deals in April/May have been on 2018 or demo cars... I’m not even clear on the March crush of discounts — were those largely 2018s also?

When I was in line in April I asked around two service centers and was offered three discounted cars, but all with more miles on the odo. One I know was a test drive car, the others I’m not sure but may have been. The discounts were modest. I held out for the HW3 in my desired color scheme.
I got 400 bucks off for a Sr+ in grey with 19’s. Had 10 miles on it. Not much but it’s the exact config I wanted

My advisor found me a great "deal" back during the end of Q1 push... got a LR RWD with full self driving autopilot for $43,840... it was a similar situation as poster above me here (whom I referred as well!)

He's helped a few people here on TMC, but has told me that price adjusted units are pretty rare now. Especially because inventory units are now available/visible to the public on Tesla website.

That said, if you want to reach out to him, feel free to PM me. Perhaps some luck now with end of Q2 approaching. He's incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. I can see how him and other advisors may be turned off though by people just asking "hey find me a discounted deal"

Reactions: Bill Foster
My advisor found me a great "deal" back during the end of Q1 push... got a LR RWD with full self driving autopilot for $43,840... it was a similar situation as poster above me here (whom I referred as well!)

He's helped a few people here on TMC, but has told me that price adjusted units are pretty rare now. Especially because inventory units are now available/visible to the public on Tesla website.

That said, if you want to reach out to him, feel free to PM me. Perhaps some luck now with end of Q2 approaching. He's incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. I can see how him and other advisors may be turned off though by people just asking "hey find me a discounted deal"
That’s a solid deal.

I am looking to do this. I am new here so I am not sure if I can PM you.

I got $7.2k discount on a 2019 June built Red Model 3 LR RWD $41.7k total price (pre-tax and pre-incentives). U really need an OA who knows how to play the system. There are lots of loop holes etc. And finally, you need a little bit of luck.

@ab26 do you mind passing on that contact to me as well?
Was this deal you got on a new/demo vehicle or used?

That's incredible was there much mileage or wear/tear? Can you also PM me your contact? Thanks

It was a brand new car. 9 miles and came just off the factory line. Again, I think I got lucky (don't want to dive into the details in a public forum).

Now that we are at the end of Q3 can we expect any discounts on the M3 LR AWD? I dont really have any color preference but I am looking for some discount. Experts here- could you please point me to any sales rep who are good to deal with and can potentially offer the best?

Now that we are at the end of Q3 can we expect any discounts on the M3 LR AWD? I dont really have any color preference but I am looking for some discount. Experts here- could you please point me to any sales rep who are good to deal with and can potentially offer the best?

September just started few days ago. Still have about 4 weeks until EOQ. I wouldn’t expect noticeable discounting until 1-2 weeks before EOQ.

Reactions: Bill Foster
September just started few days ago. Still have about 4 weeks until EOQ. I wouldn’t expect noticeable discounting until 1-2 weeks before EOQ.
I hope so my local advisor is telling me how good Tesla is doing with sales so they don't the discount anything. Apparently the new demo model deal is $1 per mile a discount. Which is basically nothing. There's a red SR plus with 1500 miles and the discount is only $1,000. that's absolutely pathetic now that I'm seeing people were getting seven Grand off for cars with a hundred miles.

I've also been stalking the used model 3's. Saw a couple of long-range rear wheel drives 2017 in the low 40s. notice that one of them had a price increase from 33700 to 40200. I complained about this and other threads. how does Tesla expect me to want to buy a new car at MSRP when they're giving them away to other people?

Reactions: byeLT4
I hope so my local advisor is telling me how good Tesla is doing with sales so they don't the discount anything. Apparently the new demo model deal is $1 per mile a discount. Which is basically nothing. There's a red SR plus with 1500 miles and the discount is only $1,000. that's absolutely pathetic now that I'm seeing people were getting seven Grand off for cars with a hundred miles.

I've also been stalking the used model 3's. Saw a couple of long-range rear wheel drives 2017 in the low 40s. notice that one of them had a price increase from 33700 to 40200. I complained about this and other threads. how does Tesla expect me to want to buy a new car at MSRP when they're giving them away to other people?

Of the 500K sold or however many there have been ; I would guess 95% probably higher of people paid the list MSRP so think you are getting a little worked up about it.
Would be great to be one of the 5% exceptions, but don't feel entitled to it.
In fact most everyone paid more previously than you would today for the same car even with rebate incentives factored in.

As far as used Tesla is a total mess on used Model 3's. No one could give a reasonable explanation to what they have done.
No clue what is going on there but in general they would much prefer to sell you a new one than a used one.
On a few occasions they have cut prices on some stock of used cars for less than needed to sell them, otherwise they try and sell them for more than makes sense.
And if you compare to any of the online car sites (non-Tesla) you will see similar pricing on used Model 3's (way overpriced compared to what new actually retails for) ; so Telsa is not alone in having questionable model 3 used prices.

Of the 500K sold or however many there have been ; I would guess 95% probably higher of people paid the list MSRP so think you are getting a little worked up about it.
In fact most everyone paid more previously than you would today for the same car even with rebate incentives factored in.

As far as used Tesla is a total mess on used Model 3's. No one could give a reasonable explanation to what they have done.
No clue what is going on there but in general they would much prefer to sell you a new one than a used one.
On a few occasions they have cut prices on some stock of used cars for less than needed to sell them, otherwise they try and sell them for more than makes sense.
And if you compare to any of the online car sites (non-Tesla) you will see similar pricing on used Model 3's (way overpriced compared to what new actually retails for) ; so Telsa is not alone in having questionable model 3 used prices.

which hopefully means those that bought last Q would not lose much when we trade for the Y next year, if the price trend continues.

Reactions: PNWLeccy

Yes, the 3rd party used car market for tesla model 3's is a joke. Got dealers listing SR+'s for $42-$45k with no FSD or anything. The cheapest I see is 39.9k for a black on black SR+ with 0 upgrades.

I would love to buy a new Tesla, but their price change circus is just that - a circus. Stuff becomes standard mid model year for a couple months, then it doesn't, then autopilot is an addon, then it isn't but is standard but the msrp is higher now! Or you buy a car a year ago for 10k more like you said. I get dropping prices to match federal rebates, but perhaps they did go way too far.

The used car market has not caught up at all. Perhaps this was part of tesla's plan? Control the used car 3rd party wise. Also, we can't be expecting any waves of lease returns for low mileage used cars either since tesla isn't reselling. They say it's for robotaxis, but I bet it's to control the used car market even more. Then they'll release these cars once they can charge more for FSD.

They keep dropping and bringing back models too!! I want a LR Rwd, but noooooooppeeee.

Reactions: byeLT4 and Daniel_6