Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prices Paid, Discounts, Incentives, and Upgrades Offered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, the 3rd party used car market for tesla model 3's is a joke. Got dealers listing SR+'s for $42-$45k with no FSD or anything. The cheapest I see is 39.9k for a black on black SR+ with 0 upgrades.

I would love to buy a new Tesla, but their price change circus is just that - a circus. Stuff becomes standard mid model year for a couple months, then it doesn't, then autopilot is an addon, then it isn't but is standard but the msrp is higher now! Or you buy a car a year ago for 10k more like you said. I get dropping prices to match federal rebates, but perhaps they did go way too far.

The used car market has not caught up at all. Perhaps this was part of tesla's plan? Control the used car 3rd party wise. Also, we can't be expecting any waves of lease returns for low mileage used cars either since tesla isn't reselling. They say it's for robotaxis, but I bet it's to control the used car market even more. Then they'll release these cars once they can charge more for FSD.

They keep dropping and bringing back models too!! I want a LR Rwd, but noooooooppeeee.

Yes you can get an older S cheaper then a 3 right now..

did you see any SRs listed?

Hi! K
My advisor found me a great "deal" back during the end of Q1 push... got a LR RWD with full self driving autopilot for $43,840... it was a similar situation as poster above me here (whom I referred as well!)

He's helped a few people here on TMC, but has told me that price adjusted units are pretty rare now. Especially because inventory units are now available/visible to the public on Tesla website.

That said, if you want to reach out to him, feel free to PM me. Perhaps some luck now with end of Q2 approaching. He's incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. I can see how him and other advisors may be turned off though by people just asking "hey find me a discounted deal"

Let me join the club, please email me his information riatgray at gmail com Thank you

• Informative
Reactions: nealh
We are taking delivery on 27 June of a M3 we ordered on 3 June. We got a text from Tesla yesterday that read:

Take delivery in June to receive one year of free Supercharging for your Model 3.

So, we figured that was a pretty good deal. Just to be sure, I contacted our SA today to confirm it. He said that was only for orders placed after 19 June. I sent him the text we received, and he said he'd submit a "case" for our receiving the free supercharging.

So, we'll see. I'll know tomorrow, I guess.

• Helpful
Reactions: namikun
I was offered a demo car; M3 LR AWD blue w/ black interior and upgraded rims for about $2300 less then standard pricing. When I pressed they also offered to include the free year of supercharging. I wasn’t there to get a LR version of the car, but i decided to at least ponder for another day or so before. I make a final decision (or someone else buys it first). About 900 miles on the car...

I was offered a demo car; M3 LR AWD blue w/ black interior and upgraded rims for about $2300 less then standard pricing. When I pressed they also offered to include the free year of supercharging. I wasn’t there to get a LR version of the car, but i decided to at least ponder for another day or so before. I make a final decision (or someone else buys it first). About 900 miles on the car...

Do you want the blue colour? Do you want/require the 19" upgraded wheels? 19" wheels have a smaller sidewall meaning they will not absorb the road imperfections as well but they may increase the fun to drive ratio.

1 free year of supercharging is tempting but the value of this depends upon how many road trips you will make. Perhaps worth up to $1K?

Bumping this thread - curious if any of the previous posters have Advisor contacts that they're willing to share.

I'm potentially interested in taking delivery of a demonstrator/showroom vehicle, but the Advisor I have been working with doesn't seem inclined to look and see what might be available beyond the public inventory listings. Was recently in one of the showrooms and suspect that a portion demonstrator/showroom cars are not being listed in available purchase inventory.

I'm not looking for any insane or unreasonable deals - obviously I would love to get a large markdown on a 'delivery mile' inventory unit, but would quite happy with a demonstrator with some mileage and a decent markdown.

Bumping this thread - curious if any of the previous posters have Advisor contacts that they're willing to share.

I'm potentially interested in taking delivery of a demonstrator/showroom vehicle, but the Advisor I have been working with doesn't seem inclined to look and see what might be available beyond the public inventory listings. Was recently in one of the showrooms and suspect that a portion demonstrator/showroom cars are not being listed in available purchase inventory.

I'm not looking for any insane or unreasonable deals - obviously I would love to get a large markdown on a 'delivery mile' inventory unit, but would quite happy with a demonstrator with some mileage and a decent markdown.
Best luck would be visiting a show room or doing a test drive and try getting the demo car you were looking at.

But with the Covid touchless situation, it is a little be more difficult to interact with sales rep.

Thanks @Watts_Up! A bit unfortunate to hear. I’ve been in contact with this particular advisor for at least a year, but they don’t seem to think that I’ve shifted from passive to serious on purchasing.

I guess I’ll just have to wait a couple more weeks and see if the end of year rush yields any surprises.

Shoot me a PM... my advisor helped me and about 10 others on this forum find their car! He’s knowledgeable of the demo inventory units and extremely helpful.