Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prices Paid, Discounts, Incentives, and Upgrades Offered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With 29 days left, i wonder if they’ll bring out the incentives again to get people to take delivery before year end.

I for one will push my delivery out to January 2nd and see if they’ll throw in some free SC to bring it back into 2020 year end. I have no incentive to take delivery when they want me to. There’s no fed tax credit, so i can wait a few days

With 29 days left, i wonder if they’ll bring out the incentives again to get people to take delivery before year end.

I for one will push my delivery out to January 2nd and see if they’ll throw in some free SC to bring it back into 2020 year end. I have no incentive to take delivery when they want me to. There’s no fed tax credit, so i can wait a few days

I’m starting to lean in that direction too. I essentially ordered in early October. They gave me one day in mid December as a delivery option, and I’m working that day. If they don’t have a sense of urgency, I guess I don’t have to have one either. I can be very patient.

I’m starting to lean in that direction too. I essentially ordered in early October. They gave me one day in mid December as a delivery option, and I’m working that day. If they don’t have a sense of urgency, I guess I don’t have to have one either. I can be very patient.

they tried telling me that the new $1500 instant rebate at time of purchase in CA is good through the end of the year and i called them out on it today. that pushed me enough over the edge to tell them i won’t take delivery this year and they can put me down for anytime in January.

They’re starting to act like scummy cars salesmen and that’s one thing i liked that they weren’t.

I'm also curious to see if they'll roll out some incentives. EV-CPO was consistently showing ~30 Model 3s available for immediate delivery for a few weeks, then suddenly it's increased 10x to ~300 Model 3s available. Their system does a good job of hiding the demo/test drive cars now, I had been into a showroom at EOD a few weeks ago and there were a number of demo/test drive cars at the showroom that were not listed online.

They’re starting to act like scummy cars salesmen and that’s one thing i liked that they weren’t.

I'm also curious to know if they're not actually 'selling' cars in Washington and technically selling them in CA or elsewhere. According to one of the local 'legacy' dealers, by law, all vehicles in their inventory must be actively listed online regardless of use as exec demo, loaner car, or if the car is technically sold but the buyer has not taken delivery.

New member here. If I’m interested in a demo/discounted M3 LR AWD, is there any advantage to working with an OA? Do they have access to different inventory than the general public? It seems that Tesla’s online inventory includes these discounted vehicles. I’ve also found sites that aggregate inventory results from different sources. I also heard some people just call Tesla sales directly. If going through an OA is the best method, should I call or just go to the nearest dealer and become friendly with the sales associates there?

New member here. If I’m interested in a demo/discounted M3 LR AWD, is there any advantage to working with an OA? Do they have access to different inventory than the general public? It seems that Tesla’s online inventory includes these discounted vehicles. I’ve also found sites that aggregate inventory results from different sources. I also heard some people just call Tesla sales directly. If going through an OA is the best method, should I call or just go to the nearest dealer and become friendly with the sales associates there?
It really doesn’t matter anymore. Everyone knows where to find vehicles and what used to be hidden showroom demos isn’t really a thing anymore.

I'm also curious to see if they'll roll out some incentives. EV-CPO was consistently showing ~30 Model 3s available for immediate delivery for a few weeks, then suddenly it's increased 10x to ~300 Model 3s available. Their system does a good job of hiding the demo/test drive cars now, I had been into a showroom at EOD a few weeks ago and there were a number of demo/test drive cars at the showroom that were not listed online.

700+ available now!

Do they have access to different inventory than the general public?

It really doesn’t matter anymore. Everyone knows where to find vehicles and what used to be hidden showroom demos isn’t really a thing anymore.

I would say that @AlanB_MX is partially correct. My personal experience has been that Tesla still has means of hiding cars from the inventory aggregators. Showroom/demonstrator cars are technically inventory cars, but Tesla has some internal flag or other means that prevents aggregators (or at least EV-CPO) from seeing them. I have been onsite to local showrooms and one showroom had almost as many cars as the entire inventory listed for my area.

This doesn't mean that there are likely 'extra' deals to be had though, they will eventually filter out into the general inventory.

From the very beginnings of (what was then called) the CPO program and then later new Inventory listings, Tesla has always held back inventory that is never listed online, neither on their website nor EV-CPO and the like. And I don't suspect they'll ever stop this practice. If you want access to all Inventory deals, search online AND develop a relationship with a Sales Associate who does have access to this held-back inventory.

Do they have access to different inventory than the general public?

Yes.

And there’s the demand lever Tesla always pulls, as always and right about the time we’d expect to see it.

Local Tesla Rep called me about it before it even hit Electrek/Reddit - unfortunately I have decided to delay purchasing a few months after re-evaluating priorities. Makes more sense to settle student loans than splurge on a Tesla right now.