Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pricing Advice needed- 2013 Model S P85 w/211k miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm buying a new Model X and thinking about selling my Model S. The trade in offer from Tesla was so low that I may just give the car to my daughter. I was trying to get some feelers as to what this car is worth in a private party sale or for parts. Car still runs great and is my daily driver. The touchscreen has significant bubbling but still works fine. Everything else is in decent shape. I have all records of everything done to the car. I did have the drive unit replaced at 90k miles. Charges to 224 miles. Free Supercharging

Pearl white/ with black performance interior. Carbon Fiber Decor.

Had every option available at the time except for the Yacht Floor and 3rd row seats.

I replaced the 21's with 19" TSportline Grey Turbines.

I'll attach a few pictures of the car.

Attachments

• FC42E81B-AD38-4EE8-9A0A-859DCA24787E.jpeg
    FC42E81B-AD38-4EE8-9A0A-859DCA24787E.jpeg
    565.4 KB · Views: 133
  • CA8DCE1B-A3AA-46B6-8107-2DB2E6162454.jpeg
    CA8DCE1B-A3AA-46B6-8107-2DB2E6162454.jpeg
    353.7 KB · Views: 119
  • C1BE7C4B-951B-4B7C-A903-1EE71D4A77CB.jpeg
    C1BE7C4B-951B-4B7C-A903-1EE71D4A77CB.jpeg
    346.8 KB · Views: 133
I'm really curious what Tesla's offer was since they aren't selling any used cars with over 100k miles. Based on other high mileage MS (150k+miles) they seem to go for between 22.5 and 26k$ depending on mileage options and condition. This one is high mileage, but good option/condition so maybe 24-25.5k could be reasonable??

No, the instrument cluster is perfect. I would post more pictures if I decide to sell privately. I'm really just trying to gauge what the car is worth private party. The interior is in good shape, mostly highway miles with only me in the car. I bought Weathertech mats when I purchased the car, still have the factory mats. I would probably sell privately if I can get above $20k.

Reactions: Iceh8r
Give the car to your daughter, if you don’t need the money. It’s one of the safest vehicles on the road. You know its reliability. That gives it more value to you than to a buyer who perceives higher risk.

I share my S100D with nearby daughter’s family because I want my DNA to be safe. Since I telecommute, they have it most of the time. I worry less about their safety and comfort.

Consider alternate weeks or months between daughters.

If one has children, they get priority. More DNA at risk, more distracted driving.

Whatever you do, work with your insurance agent to ensure your scenario is understood and properly covered.

It took a few rounds until the insurance agent understood that our family car-share means that one of our three cars is always parked at our daughter’s house.

In turn, daughter and her husband paid us Blue-Book value for for our Hyundai Sonata - pay to play - and 50% of insurance, maintenance, registration etc. for S and Sonata.

Our younger daughter and her husband live in a different city, car-share wouldn’t work. They bought Y LR last weekend. Thrilled with it. I bought their Gen 3 Wall Connector, will pay electrician bill.