Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pricing affects on Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems most of the coverage/sentiment is regarding the Model Y and Model 3 since those prices cuts make those who purchased a few weeks or months ago the most "upside down" if you want to call it that.

Used Model Y cuts on listings understandably on Jan 13, at sometimes drastic amounts. Especially sites like Carmax - dropping something like 13k. They see the writing on the wall, at least until March and then ??

As for prices on used Model S, are y'all seeing a downward pressure on those and by how much? Definitely some hold-outs in terms of price... both private and dealer alike, hoping I'm sure that these price cuts are temporary and that the wait list will grow to such a length that people won't want to wait/prices go back up.

I have a used Model S with FUSC and Free Premium Connectivity. Wondering if this a good time to sell that and get a newer S or even a Y although I hear the Ys are not quite as comfortable for road trips. My friend has one but I've never been in it for very long so I can't say anything about overall comfort.

Is this a temporary situation? Or are we gonna see lower prices on Teslas and EVs overall?

I think the answer is, it depends. The cars with leather, connectivity, sunroof, FUSC, dumb summon, MCU2, Xenon lamps are a good value.

The older the car, the less of a price hit in $.

The one I sold in Oct dropped a bit, 5%.

The Refresh I bought in May actually is about the same.

Data from CarFax. This could change in the days ahead.

I think the answer is, it depends. The cars with leather, connectivity, sunroof, FUSC, dumb summon, MCU2, Xenon lamps are a good value.

The older the car, the less of a price hit in $.

The one I sold in Oct dropped a bit, 5%.

The Refresh I bought in May actually is about the same.

Data from CarFax. This could change in the days ahead.
I have one similar to the one you sold in Oct. Leather, sunroof, FUSC, Free Connectivity, etc so my hope is if I decide to upgrade, the price drop on it will be substantially less than what we're seeing for newer models - either new or used. Ideally used because dealer fees annoy me to no end especially those dealers who have no idea what they're doing with Teslas.

I have one similar to the one you sold in Oct. Leather, sunroof, FUSC, Free Connectivity, etc so my hope is if I decide to upgrade, the price drop on it will be substantially less than what we're seeing for newer models - either new or used. Ideally used because dealer fees annoy me to no end especially those dealers who have no idea what they're doing with Teslas.

I wish I had my old car back, frankly. Now that 3rd party pack solutions are becoming more numerous.

I wish I had my old car back, frankly. Now that 3rd party pack solutions are becoming more numerous.
Really?! What don't you like about your newer S? For me the nosecone isn't my favorite and I do worry about the battery (mine is a 70, not an 85D like yours) and the larger drive unit worries me but it was replaced in Oct 21 with a unit that has ceramic bearings, so crossing my fingers that it'll be ok for some time..

Really?! What don't you like about your newer S? For me the nosecone isn't my favorite and I do worry about the battery (mine is a 70, not an 85D like yours) and the larger drive unit worries me but it was replaced in Oct 21 with a unit that has ceramic bearings, so crossing my fingers that it'll be ok for some time..

My MS refresh - Dark roof, interior. No summon, auto lane change, sunroof, leather, mirror fold button, FUSC, data, turn signal stalk. Seats wrinkles, and interior quality, fit and finish, not better.

For my use, not worth the extra 60k. Too late now, I am in for the long haul, 4-8 years or more.