Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pricing changes LR & Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is the most recent price drop as well as the previous increases.

1673583981849.png

That’s kind of insane when you look at it that way!
Agree, and I would be surprised if it stays this way for long. I don't really want the plaid because of the shorter range, but I want the carbon fiber interior which I can't get in the LR, so I am tempted. But I also want HW4 (with high res radar and maybe headlight/taillight cameras), matrix headlights and center horn, which should be coming in the next couple of months, and I am afraid the price difference will widen at that point. Either further reductions for LR or price increase for plaid, depending on demand.

Agree, and I would be surprised if it stays this way for long. I don't really want the plaid because of the shorter range, but I want the carbon fiber interior which I can't get in the LR, so I am tempted. But I also want HW4 (with high res radar and maybe headlight/taillight cameras), matrix headlights and center horn, which should be coming in the next couple of months, and I am afraid the price difference will widen at that point. Either further reductions for LR or price increase for plaid, depending on demand.
Actually the competition is coming out in the next year or two. Plus I think Elon's antics have turned some people off. I predict further price drops or significant improvements i.e. more range.

Charts are nice to see too. Here is one from Q3 2018. For simplicity, equivalent trims are combined.

View attachment 895846

Link to graph and data.
great info, prices will drop further this year once china is fully open and parts prices will go down...Model X as it stands today does not worth more than 85k considering the quality.
So either great improvements are required or much lower prices, i doubt tesla has the 'know how' to improve their finishes by that much in short enough amount of time.

I bought my 2022 MXLR when it was 89k base and i consider that price on the edge.

Reactions: tierneyalvin
great info, prices will drop further this year once china is fully open and parts prices will go down...Model X as it stands today does not worth more than 85k considering the quality.
So either great improvements are required or much lower prices, i doubt tesla has the 'know how' to improve their finishes by that much in short enough amount of time.

I bought my 2022 MXLR when it was 89k base and i consider that price on the edge.
I expect it to drop to 79k in short order

Thanks.

Once global demand is back to normal I think prices can easily go back to $90-100K for the LR-AWD trim. Perhaps in a couple $5-10K price cut over 2023.