TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Pricing changes

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Paladin732, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Paladin732

Paladin732 Member

Looks like PUP is now $5k up from 3.5

However,

It now also includes the upgraded audio and the cold weather package.

Net savings is 2k as far as I can tell if you were going for loaded, but forces you to load it now to get any of those options.

2. Proxlamus

Proxlamus Member

Looks like the smart air suspension is included now as a standard

3. Paladin732

Paladin732 Member

So that was, what? A 2-3 month period it was not offered on the 75? Now it's standard...

I wonder if the PUP audio upgrade is any different, the phrasing seems slightly different to me.

My hunch is the next change will be dropping the 75 and lowering the price of the 75D $2,500 to force people into the D, so no more RWD only models.

4. J-Bus

J-Bus Member

#4 J-Bus, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    Smart air suspension is now back for the 75, and not only that it is standard. Also it seems PUP no longer includes any of the lightning/additional luxuries in the car. Its now the HEPA filter, The premium audio and the Subzero. No mention of any interieur changes.

Additionally, prices in the Netherlands have been lowered on everything (the cars as well as the options). My guess is its an update to better reflect the current EUR/USD exchange rates.

• Like x 1
  5. overlappedio

overlappedio New Member

A sales rep here in Seattle told me that they were getting rid of RWD models.

6. bmah

bmah Obscure Member

It looks like the lighting changes that I remember being a part of the PUP (ambient interior lighting, LED turning lights, fog lights) are now standard. This change would further differentiate the Model S compared with the Model 3.

There appears to be one change on the interior, you can now get seats in "cream", which I don't remember seeing before.

Bruce.

7. alloverx

alloverx Member

Maybe no air suspension on the 3?

• Informative x 1
  8. FANGO

FANGO Active Member

Are vegan seats still a thing?

9. techie

techie Member

If you want to get 21" wheels your only option is getting the grey/dark wheels. That is just strange. I think many prefer the silver 21" option, especially for some paint colors... This is not just some streamlining - something else must be going on, perhaps preparing for more changes coming up?

10. Burnt Toast

Burnt Toast Member

Tan is gone, creme is in.

11. Shermo

Shermo New Member

Saw these price changes and got really angry as my car isn't due until end of August... but checked on My Tesla page and the spec sheet and had a £4800 discount applied to my almost fully specced 75D, think it's £300 more than the difference between the previous price and current price.

Once you factor in losing £2000 deposit, not worth it for air suspension, but kinda wish I'd got that :(

Since I ordered end of May the speed has increased and the options changed drastically, but at least its saving me quite a chunk, so glad this happened BEFORE I took delivery otherwise I would be fuming!

• Like x 1
  12. chaglen

chaglen Member

Shermo: I see there is a variation in the show room discount for the 75D orders. Did you order the performance sound system? I wonder if this may have been the primary factor for discount value.

13. Shermo

Shermo New Member

I'll be honest, I got a case of order frenzy and added pretty much everything...

S75D with PUP, EAP, premium sound and winter pack

14. chaglen

chaglen Member

Ok, that might explain it :)

15. STILLWISHIN'

STILLWISHIN' Member

I placed my order on July 3. Now I'm wondering what mine will come with, it hasn't entered production yet.
    75D with subzero and AP.
    Now you can't have it that way, maybe I will get lucky and get all those extras!!!

16. maggo321

maggo321 Member

I'm waiting for delivery of a new inventory car.........my spec now has a 'showroom discount' of £2,800. A week ago I lost 1.1 seconds from 0-60 for free.......

What a nice experience! Yes I could have had air suspension for free, but I didn't want that anyway really......rather have the discount!

17. wdolson

wdolson Supporting Member

I notice one of the 21" wheel options has been removed too.

18. VladC

VladC Member

19" Grey Slipstream Wheels are a new option.

19. Bluejuice

Bluejuice Member

Go to your mytesla page and view your specs. Your car will probably be exactly as ordered, but with new lower price. At least that's what mine showed.

20. sparkypete

sparkypete Member

Just checked mine and I have a showroom discount of £2500 on my new 75S waiting at the port in the UD. Was told coils are better on U.K. roads so very happy.

• Like x 1