Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pricing changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get it. But the fact of the matter is I asked a question and was not given a truthful response and based my decision on that response. Only wish I asked it on an email and have told Tesla I want all communications done via email or text from now on as I don't trust them anymore on their promises. Kinda sad actually.

Yeah. I get that and sympathize. The reality is that the people at the sales office don't actually know much more than we do and probably told you what they thought to be true at the time. If you follow this forum, you often know more than they do. All of that is hind-sight, of course and doesn't help your current situation.

I hope you're able to come to something. And if not... well, my comments above apply. It's still a great car. My sense of it is that we're going to see much larger changes in the next couple of months - not unlike the 2016 refresh.

Yeah. I get that and sympathize. The reality is that the people at the sales office don't actually know much more than we do and probably told you what they thought to be true at the time. If you follow this forum, you often know more than they do. All of that is hind-sight, of course and doesn't help your current situation.

I hope you're able to come to something. And if not... well, my comments above apply. It's still a great car. My sense of it is that we're going to see much larger changes in the next couple of months - not unlike the 2016 refresh.

I appreciate the sympathy.

I do feel the staff could use better education about the Tesla brand and to not answer a question they are unsure about. If he did not know about any changes, he should have simply said he's not sure or told me what the upper management team told me when I brought up this situation to them: "Ours cars are always changing, even at a daily rate". Great! I love that about the company. But why not tell me and educate me about this as a new customer that has no idea about Tesla? Stuff like that is what bothers me and has left me with a very bad first owner buying experience.

My OA actually said differently. I ordered 6/29 and he said I can get the $1000 discount or else cancel and reorder with NO penalty on the deposit. I would still keep the $2500. The only loss here is a few weeks off delivery since it'll be a new order

That's the answer that I got too for my 7/8 order with a 7/11 confirmation. I took the plunge today and transferred my deposit over to the new config. It sets me back a couple weeks though... I'm at the back of the line again.

That's the answer that I got too for my 7/8 order with a 7/11 confirmation. I took the plunge today and transferred my deposit over to the new config. It sets me back a couple weeks though... I'm at the back of the line again.

I'm actually considering doing the same with my 7/13 order 7/16 confirmation date. I have an email to my OA to see. Right now, my estimated delivery is around mid-September, so back of the line I'm assuming would push into October. But, the site still has September delivery listed in the design studio, so maybe it wouldn't be all that bad for me? We'll see what my OA says.

I'm actually considering doing the same with my 7/13 order 7/16 confirmation date. I have an email to my OA to see. Right now, my estimated delivery is around mid-September, so back of the line I'm assuming would push into October. But, the site still has September delivery listed in the design studio, so maybe it wouldn't be all that bad for me? We'll see what my OA says.
Your actual delivery time might fluctuate to the left by about a month. I confirmed my order 5/29 and had a delivery date of Late July - Early August. As it entered and exited production it changed to end of June and I took delivery 27 June. Could've been the end of quarter rush or not, but that's just my example and others have similar examples as well. Good luck!

Your actual delivery time might fluctuate to the left by about a month. I confirmed my order 5/29 and had a delivery date of Late July - Early August. As it entered and exited production it changed to end of June and I took delivery 27 June. Could've been the end of quarter rush or not, but that's just my example and others have similar examples as well. Good luck!

That'd be pretty awesome, but right now I expect that there's a lot more focus on the M3 part of the factory, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if delivery dates change in either direction. Granted this isn't their first production vehicle going through the factory, but estimating can still be hard. Those unknown-unknowns can end up being huge time sinks. In any case, it's always nice to hear that there's always a chance of a nice surprise. I haven't been this excited about a car since I was 15, and back then, it didn't even matter what car it was as long as it ran.

No matter what the OA comes back with, I'm going to be pretty happy with what I receive in the end. Mostly, I just want to know what's actually going to be put in my car. Will it still have leather? Alcantara dash? Will the SAS sneak in there? It's pretty hard to tell on the spec sheet since it used to say "leather" and now it doesn't. And if there's a chance to modify because of the change, I may jump on that since there are a few places I drive that the SAS would come in very handy. I would have picked it up if it had been an option before.

I don't think you'll go into October. September is end of the quarter so I would imagine them trying to push out as many cars by Sept 30 as they can.

I expect some kind of major change early next year. They made a mistake ending free supercharging earlier this year. There was little to keep sales up after the supercharging deal went away and sales slumped. When they end supercharging at the end of this year, they will likely introduce something new that will get people to buy the cars, even without free supercharging for life.

Why? They are selling all they can build. They make a nice margin. Seems about right to me. Once they expand their manufacturing capabilities beyond what it takes to fulfill current demand, then maybe they'll need to do something to goose demand.

They are not selling "all they can build", that has not been true since summer 2016 at the latest.

The constant demand levers (e.g. using end of free Supercharging as a demand lever twice - or two and a half times - in consequtive quarters) and inventory-making figures clearly show this.

Reactions: gowthamn
They are not selling "all they can build", that has not been true since summer 2016 at the latest.

The constant demand levers (e.g. using end of free Supercharging as a demand lever twice - or two and a half times - in consequtive quarters) and inventory-making figures clearly show this.
Sorry, please take demand nay-saying to the Demand thread where I don't have to see it. It's nonsense, and always has been.

• Disagree
My comment is completely relevant to this thread.
Absolutely.

Tesla is pulling demand levers (including changes mentioned here), because they need to keep demand going.

I get it that you disagree. I disagree with you.

I don't disagree. But the discussion is boring, pointless, and done to death. Regardless of why, they are selling all they can build. If you want to discuss nuances, the Demand thread is your home.

You could go back years in this forum and see the exact same scenario playing over repeatedly, with all manner of significant upgrades. Tesla makes various promotions to get sales by such and such a date. This car/ this feature / this whatever won't be available after this date. And then something new hits the floor immediately afterward.

Here's the consolation... In 6 months all of the people who got in with this upgrade will be kicking themselves that they didn't wait until the next upgrade. And in a year, both groups will have an obsolete car, and nobody will remember the relatively small differences between this year's iterations because they'll be focusing on next year's iterations. :)

But they're all great cars, and better than anything else out there.

Yup. One day, the 75 will be discontinued and replaced with a larger battery model. Then people will blame Tesla for loading the base 75 up with a ton of desirable options and tricking them into buying one when what they *really* wanted was a 100 for the price of a current model 75.

I get it. But the fact of the matter is I asked a question and was not given a truthful response and based my decision on that response. Only wish I asked it on an email and have told Tesla I want all communications done via email or text from now on as I don't trust them anymore on their promises. Kinda sad actually.
Your situation is different. You got screwed.

Yup. One day, the 75 will be discontinued and replaced with a larger battery model. Then people will blame Tesla for loading the base 75 up with a ton of desirable options and tricking them into buying one when what they *really* wanted was a 100 for the price of a current model 75.

For me, it's really about the air suspension. If it was offered as an option when I ordered, I would have paid for it. About a week after my order, it's not only available, it's standard. It's a little frustrating since the available options feels pretty arbitrary. There doesn't appear to be a technical reason they didn't offer it on the 75 earlier.

All that said, no matter how it turns out, I'll be getting a great car and I'm going to love what gets built. I'll enjoy every minute in it until there are enough upgrades down the road to warrant another look.

I don't disagree. But the discussion is boring, pointless, and done to death. Regardless of why, they are selling all they can build. If you want to discuss nuances, the Demand thread is your home.

Just to be clear on our disagreement: we disagree on whether or not Tesla is selling all they can build. I think they could build more than they are building - in addition to building more than they have current sales for, i.e. build for inventory, so there is also that part of the equation. But anyway I think Tesla could build more than they are building and selling, i.e. they are not production constrained. Your view is they are selling all they can build.

But I agree it is pointless arguing this here, just documenting the disagreement.

So, if you're considering doing this, I'd suggest that you do. There is so much smoke in the air around changes to the S, that I can't see there not being a fire. I'd wait until at least a month after the 3 ships.