TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Pricing discrepancy

Discussion in 'Canada' started by sundoc, Jan 11, 2015.

1. sundoc

sundoc Member

Hello all,

Not that this changes anything, but just out of curiosity, has anyone else in Toronto noticed a pricing discrepancy between what they paid and what the monroney sticker lists?

My sticker listing was $15,000 less :)

After going over it, Scott and I concluded that the missing money is for the 'upgrade' to the 85kWh battery.

2. SCY7H3

SCY7H3 Member

(I hope I am understanding this correctly)

Was it originally listed as a 60kWh? If it was an 85kWh and they stated it was upgraded, I'd be a bit curious to understand why. AFAIK, Tesla does not do battery upgrades for a while now, they used to from the 40kWh to 60kWh for a fee and then 60kWh to 85kWh but that was 2 years ago.

3. hingisfan

hingisfan hingisfan_Mark_V

I have seen US pricing on the gov't spec sheet before....The sheet that lists 5 year fuel savings, etc. Had govt of Canada logos on it and everything. Listed parts as 50% US too.

4. sundoc

sundoc Member

No its weird, its listed as 'standard battery' and then further down the list it reads upgrade to 85kWh battery- included. The cost of going from the base 60 to the 85 is about $15,000, so that's why Scott and I figured the price is off by $15,000.

I'll try to take a pic and post it when I get home.