Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pricing error & new price - need advice!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We placed a CPO order Saturday night for a 2018 red LR with 19” wheels that has about 4K miles on it. Sales reached out today saying it was as a system glitch and the new price is $39k rather than $34k (the purchase price). Is it still a good deal? I wonder if we can use this price update to get extras (paint repairs etc) from them..

Oh Tesla..

We placed a CPO order Saturday night for a 2018 red LR with 19” wheels that has about 4K miles on it. Sales reached out today saying it was as a system glitch and the new price is $39k rather than $34k (the purchase price). Is it still a good deal? I wonder if we can use this price update to get extras (paint repairs etc) from them..

Oh Tesla..

RWD or AWD? FSD?

Here is what the LR RWD are cars going for at the auction. So it still looks like a good deal. Below wholesale value if the car checks out.

Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 6.41.49 PM.png

Oh Tesla..
$39K is a smoking deal. A SR+ is more than that.

Looks like you were supposedly one of the lucky ones who caught a deal on Saturday when Tesla posted a bunch of cheap lightly used Model 3s. Seems Tesla has honored the prices for others who have taken delivery as evidenced in this thread: Used Tesla Model 3s pricing error?
Interesting. They told us we either accept the higher price or cancel the order. No other options. They are not returning emails or calls...

You consider a car with 4,000 miles used?

4,000 miles is nothing. That's still a new car.

I'd rather take the way better deal of a "used" car than a brand new car spending a whole lot more money

Used should be priced less than new always though. This car is a fair deal ; but many examples of Telsa's used prices do not make any sense. Nor is what uneducated private dealers are asking for these cars or really even auction examples as any data would have to be extremely current to be accurate and eliminate any prior data.

Used could have issues and were returned due to them, could have been abused by the former owner for those few thousand miles, which still under warranty but is more of a risk in my opinion than starting with a brand new one on which you would have a 7 day return policy on.

Used for 4K miles I would want to check the tire tread, see the paint, I would want to test drive it ; but you cannot and have to buy sight unseen.
Used may add a delivery charge depending on where the car is.

Used means you are not eligible for any Federal Rebates and in most all cases zero in State Rebates.
At the very least that is $1875 right there that any used car needs to be lower than new just to get equal before factoring in the fact they are used.

If I got enough of a discount I am interested in Used.

Reactions: vickh
new vs used though
SRp
Used should be priced less than new always though. This car is a fair deal ; but many examples of Telsa's used prices do not make any sense. Nor is what uneducated private dealers are asking for these cars or really even auction examples as any data would have to be extremely current to be accurate and eliminate any prior data.

Used could have issues and were returned due to them, could have been abused by the former owner for those few thousand miles, which still under warranty but is more of a risk in my opinion than starting with a brand new one on which you would have a 7 day return policy on.

Used for 4K miles I would want to check the tire tread, see the paint, I would want to test drive it ; but you cannot and have to buy sight unseen.
Used may add a delivery charge depending on where the car is.

Used means you are not eligible for any Federal Rebates and in most all cases zero in State Rebates.
At the very least that is $1875 right there that any used car needs to be lower than new just to get equal before factoring in the fact they are used.

If I got enough of a discount I am interested in Used.

Thanks for all the insights! The discount is not as enticing as before but still decent for a car from 1.5 years ago & only 4K miles. We decided to purchase this car considering the current rebate is small on new cars and this car has a squeaky clean Carfax report. Finger-crossed!