TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Pricing for Model 3

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by YoungStranger, Oct 15, 2015.

1. YoungStranger

YoungStranger Member

Went to solar energy uk show today at NEC. Was told by Tesla rep that UK price for model 3 would be £25k. Asked if that was a rumour and included gov incentives. She said she was authorised to give this price and it did not include incentives. Is this a deal?

2. Dan43

Dan43 Member

Interesting, I guess the suggested $30K US price today equates to £19,431 via XE.com. I'm in at £25K and if incentives still exist that could drop to £20K.

Or would used Model S be close to that £30K price. How much is a used Model S probably a 60KW model, in the UK right now?

3. mgboyes

mgboyes Member

Tesla UK pricing is typically pretty close to US pricing (remembering that you have to convert to GBP, then add 20% VAT and 10% import duty). So $30k equates to about £25k.

But I'd believe it when you see it nonetheless... :)

4. RobStark

RobStark Well-Known Member

As of today 25k GBP equates to 38.65k USD.

Elon has quoted $35k in the US for two years now.

I thought the whole point of Dutch "assembly" was to avoid 10% EU import duty?

My guess is 25k GBP is base price including shipping then add VAT.

5. mgboyes

mgboyes Member

Yes, Tesla avoid 10% EU Import duty by importing knock down kits. But that's for their benefit, not for ours. And it's not like running a reassembly plant is free of costs.

6. RobStark

RobStark Well-Known Member

It is to keep prices down and increase sales.

That benefits Tesla and its customers.

In the US a base Model S 70 is $70k or 45.28k GBP.

In the UK a base Model S is 41.3k GBP plus VAT of 9.5k GBP.

I think Tesla is being more than fair to its British customers.

7. ChrisDUK85

ChrisDUK85 Member