Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pricing on CPOs - market status?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Eh, I've seen a lot worse. Could just be a spouse or kid who borrowed the car and hit a few curbs. And if they had the rims repaired for a few hundred bucks, or the wheels replaced, you wouldn't even know their "driving style." Without knowing the actual driver and/or history, I think it's really hard to draw those kinds of conclusions.

Yeah I see it. Question is what’s the extent of the damage. If I could repair it I would just as long as it wasn’t almost the same as buying the better conditioned one

After a new door, new bumper, and new quarter panel you are looking at many, many thousands of dollars. Those aluminum panels are not cheap and you cant just have the dents banged out.

That car looks like it was in an accident. I’m surprised they didn’t auction it off.

After a new door, new bumper, and new quarter panel you are looking at many, many thousands of dollars. Those aluminum panels are not cheap and you cant just have the dents banged out.

That car looks like it was in an accident. I’m surprised they didn’t auction it off.
Yeah. Amazing they’d sell it like that.
I’m sure someone put deposit down so the pictures and chose a different one

So as I wait for the call from Rep I saw another 85d at my original budget. I asked for pictures and they sent them to me now.
50,700-
Question is- All that damage...anyone know what the repair costs may be?

Saw that car and wondered why it was so cheap. I knew it must have some kind of damage as ive been looking at cpos and all the r recent ones seem to have body damage.

Ridiculous that tesla would even offer this car on their website. Especially now they removed the 'request photos' button. Even when they had that button, they would never respond, and if they did it would be daaaays later.

The used car specialsts are hit and miss. Samanthajoy seemed to be the worst to work with imo. One guy jason lee was good but he went to a different project.

I mean what kind of shady used car dealer tries to sell used cars without posting any real pictures and a required nonrefundable 1000 deposit?

Paid $53.4k for 2014 S85 with leather, panoramic roof, autopilot and tech. 30k miles, back in November. So prices now seem slightly lower but not by much
I would say prices now are higher relatively speaking. Your car was 3 years old then.
I can’t find any 2015 below 55k with options, let alone being in good condition.
I’ve put that down 3k in deposits and have to wait 21 days to get each one refunded because then they send the pictures and they’re like the blue one. All beat up.
I’ve bought many cars but this is by far the worst way I’ve ever purchased.
Question is- is Tesla so confident that once you go to pick up your car you’ll get it regardless of the condition?
2nd- I’m financing the car, they’ll run my credit, I’ll get a credit ding and if I don’t buy a car in 30 days, I’ll have to run my credit again. And...I can’t see the car until I pay cash or show proof of the loan.
It’s all very weird- I have thought of going to Another brand to just make this process easier.

I would say prices now are higher relatively speaking. Your car was 3 years old then.
I can’t find any 2015 below 55k with options, let alone being in good condition.
I’ve put that down 3k in deposits and have to wait 21 days to get each one refunded because then they send the pictures and they’re like the blue one. All beat up.
I’ve bought many cars but this is by far the worst way I’ve ever purchased.
Question is- is Tesla so confident that once you go to pick up your car you’ll get it regardless of the condition?
2nd- I’m financing the car, they’ll run my credit, I’ll get a credit ding and if I don’t buy a car in 30 days, I’ll have to run my credit again. And...I can’t see the car until I pay cash or show proof of the loan.
It’s all very weird- I have thought of going to Another brand to just make this process easier.

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding, but I thought deposits on CPOs are non-refundable? You mentioned waiting 21 days to get your deposit refunded?

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding, but I thought deposits on CPOs are non-refundable? You mentioned waiting 21 days to get your deposit refunded?
It says non refundable but when I spoke to one of the reps he told me that he rather do a refund than transfer deposit to a different car but that they could refund me within 21 days.
Also if I didn’t like the car at any point they’d refund me.
It still sucks because you spend a grand then the next day you get the pictures. It’s essentially the opposite of how cars have been bought

How many miles does it have?

qi3qJm1.jpg

odometer: 52,600 miles

it's also the best looking p85d ever made. but i'm partial to white.