Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pricing on CPOs - market status?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW....With all the nightmares with the new CPO process, their prices are consistently better than private parties. Rarely do I see a posting on here or other outlets asking prices less than what the CPO site has advertised. Even if you were to swing a few times and miss, losing $2k or so and ending up getting what you want, you'd still probably come out ahead. If you find in region, you'd be better off splurging on that extra $2k to avoid the plane flight or loss of time to travel to get that deal you've hunted for. New CPO policy is horsesh*t and is truly a roll of the dice...gambling with the emotions of winning in the CPO process or, most likely, losing $1k and the disappointment...but odds are in the end you'll do better with it than the consistent internet hunt.

* sniffle *

Inventory Search | Tesla

newer, less miles, & no transport fee for me

anyway, just saying...you may be a one off case, but others pricing is a far cry from reasonable...dealing with those owners who have name their cars and set a place for it at thanksgiving dinner, it's worse than listening to 24hr news

Tan leather, gag. And you do have a shipping charge from IL to Texas, it's like $2K. And mine is still cheaper, sexier and a better deal.

Chicago is free delivery...and yes, gag on tan...

Does anyone know the true story about buying CPO out of California, and the tax situation...what's the true story? and what if you travel out to pick it up?

You cannot travel to CA to pick up without paying CA sales tax. They will no longer ship to NV for pickup because the state of CA caught on and got pissed.

* sniffle *

Inventory Search | Tesla

newer, less miles, & no transport fee for me

anyway, just saying...you may be a one off case, but others pricing is a far cry from reasonable...dealing with those owners who have name their cars and set a place for it at thanksgiving dinner, it's worse than listening to 24hr news

For those interested in this particular car. It has the ludicrous upgrade. That is all.

Reactions: skreemer7
Chicago is free delivery...and yes, gag on tan...

Does anyone know the true story about buying CPO out of California, and the tax situation...what's the true story? and what if you travel out to pick it up?

I've been searching around to find out about the CA tax thing and it appears that some people have gotten out of paying it. There has to be a way out of having to pay tax twice. Shouldn't it be illegal to be taxed twice on the same product.

https://www.quora.com/Do-you-have-to-pay-sales-tax-twice-if-you-buy-something-while-in-another-state

See the last post on this one.
Buying a used car from California dealer (Henderson: sales, insurance) - Las Vegas - Nevada (NV) - City-Data Forum

See post number 2.
https://www.quora.com/If-I-buy-a-ca...Washington-state-do-I-have-to-pay-taxes-twice

I've been searching around to find out about the CA tax thing and it appears that some people have gotten out of paying it. There has to be a way out of having to pay tax twice. Shouldn't it be illegal to be taxed twice on the same product.

https://www.quora.com/Do-you-have-to-pay-sales-tax-twice-if-you-buy-something-while-in-another-state

See the last post on this one.
Buying a used car from California dealer (Henderson: sales, insurance) - Las Vegas - Nevada (NV) - City-Data Forum

See post number 2.
https://www.quora.com/If-I-buy-a-ca...Washington-state-do-I-have-to-pay-taxes-twice

This is unique to Tesla. It’s not “the law” per se. In communist states like California and Massachusetts who will suck tax revenue out of any sale like a vampire, the state AG will make life very difficult for those that want to do business there. Especially new vehicle companies who are doing direct to consumer sales.

As I said, Tesla was doing the Nevada delivery but got spanked by the state. That is no longer an option. They turned California into its own “region” because of this.

There is no way around it in either place. Believe me, I have tried.

• Disagree
Reactions: Fiver
  • Informative
Reactions: SD_Engnr