TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Pricing on CPOs - market status?

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by deaddog, Jun 14, 2018.

1. durniljr

durniljr Member

FWIW....With all the nightmares with the new CPO process, their prices are consistently better than private parties. Rarely do I see a posting on here or other outlets asking prices less than what the CPO site has advertised. Even if you were to swing a few times and miss, losing $2k or so and ending up getting what you want, you'd still probably come out ahead. If you find in region, you'd be better off splurging on that extra $2k to avoid the plane flight or loss of time to travel to get that deal you've hunted for. New CPO policy is horsesh*t and is truly a roll of the dice...gambling with the emotions of winning in the CPO process or, most likely, losing $1k and the disappointment...but odds are in the end you'll do better with it than the consistent internet hunt.

2. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

• Like x 2
  3. durniljr

durniljr Member

* sniffle *

Inventory Search | Tesla

newer, less miles, & no transport fee for me

anyway, just saying...you may be a one off case, but others pricing is a far cry from reasonable...dealing with those owners who have name their cars and set a place for it at thanksgiving dinner, it's worse than listening to 24hr news

• Funny x 1
  4. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

Tan leather, gag. And you do have a shipping charge from IL to Texas, it's like $2K. And mine is still cheaper, sexier and a better deal.

5. durniljr

durniljr Member

Chicago is free delivery...and yes, gag on tan...

Does anyone know the true story about buying CPO out of California, and the tax situation...what's the true story? and what if you travel out to pick it up?

6. glide

glide Active Member

You cannot travel to CA to pick up without paying CA sales tax. They will no longer ship to NV for pickup because the state of CA caught on and got pissed.

7. Olds442

Olds442 Member

I'd rather have a car that was in Portland rather than a car that was in Chicago. I live in Chicago and it's hell on cars.

8. rowing guy

rowing guy Member

For those interested in this particular car. It has the ludicrous upgrade. That is all.

• Like x 1
  9. rowing guy

rowing guy Member

I've been searching around to find out about the CA tax thing and it appears that some people have gotten out of paying it. There has to be a way out of having to pay tax twice. Shouldn't it be illegal to be taxed twice on the same product.

https://www.quora.com/Do-you-have-to-pay-sales-tax-twice-if-you-buy-something-while-in-another-state

See the last post on this one.
    Buying a used car from California dealer (Henderson: sales, insurance) - Las Vegas - Nevada (NV) - City-Data Forum

See post number 2.
    https://www.quora.com/If-I-buy-a-car-from-California-and-live-in-Washington-state-do-I-have-to-pay-taxes-twice

10. glide

glide Active Member

This is unique to Tesla. It’s not “the law” per se. In communist states like California and Massachusetts who will suck tax revenue out of any sale like a vampire, the state AG will make life very difficult for those that want to do business there. Especially new vehicle companies who are doing direct to consumer sales.

As I said, Tesla was doing the Nevada delivery but got spanked by the state. That is no longer an option. They turned California into its own “region” because of this.

There is no way around it in either place. Believe me, I have tried.

• Disagree x 1
  11. skreemer7

skreemer7 Member

Looking through the pics it seems to have the executive rear seats, which is an instant deal breaker for me (non foldable rear seats and only room for 4)

12. glide

glide Active Member

Are you sure? I thought they were software-disabling all P85DL’s in the CPO program.

It is no longer offered as an add on option either.

13. rowing guy

rowing guy Member

• Informative x 1
  14. tettrum

tettrum Member

I switched deposit to a different car and they put the original car back but increased the price by $7000. Is it common?

15. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

Nope.

16. MarkLy

MarkLy Member

Yes, it's a regular routine with the CPO cars to raise the prices. If you track the prices of the CPO's you'll see them drift down and then they will revert back to a much higher price before drifting downwards again.

17. glide

glide Active Member

18. EvilCowPow

EvilCowPow Member

This is actually common.

19. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

#219 Plan B, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  20. cellphonechris

• Like x 1