Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pricing on CPOs - market status?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How is that possible? Especially if they aren't fixing the vehicles prior to sale?

If that were the case they need to fire whoever is working out the original lease numbers. In other words, that is not what is happening.

Offering leases with high residuals makes for attractive lease offers, helping them push sales numbers and move units. Pulling this lever, however, defers that revenue hit until lease end, when they end up eating that depreciation.

• Funny
Reactions: Zorg
Very unlikely. It won't have an overnight effect, and with the amount of CPOs that will flood the market + availability of M3 + release of new EAP features next month, the prices will go down.

HA!...................not.

Model 3 and Model S's are two different cars, they will be priced the same and only standard 85's will lose value. P85D's, P90D's and X's will hold their value.

Here's a current CPO that's been kicking around for a while, a P90DL fully loaded with 30K miles, down to $73K
https://www.tesla.com/used/5YJSA1V45FF097374?redirect=no
Have a look at the hail damage, curb rash, dings...
Dropbox - 097374 - Simplify your life
Tesla is not fussy about what cars they offer through the CPO program ...

I'd rather have a bunch of scratches that could be masked with a full application of Autoflex than something like this that obviously needs body work - but I will say; at some point, the price will drop low enough to justify a purchase for someone. Mechanically, it's still a hell of a car.

Here's a current CPO that's been kicking around for a while, a P90DL fully loaded with 30K miles, down to $73K
https://www.tesla.com/used/5YJSA1V45FF097374?redirect=no
Have a look at the hail damage, curb rash, dings...
Dropbox - 097374 - Simplify your life
Tesla is not fussy about what cars they offer through the CPO program ...

Yikes! They should replace that business card on the photos with one that reads "Quality you can trust" :p

They should leave the quotations marks in :D

Does that car not have any body panels that are not damaged? Looks like the car drove into a hail storm while fleeing marauders...

Upgrade battery ? Why would u want to do that there where issues with the 90 pack and your 85 probably has more capacity lol ...;)

Absolutely! The only upgrade that would be worth the cost or hassle would be to 130 or whatever capacity they come up with over 100. Even then they are going to be cell and pack constrained for the next 2-4 years to meet demand for vehicles and energy storage that I don;t think they will have much excess capacity for battery upgrades.

A third party will likely offer a battery upgrade option before Tesla but that would of course not come with any warranty and no way will I trust a third party battery pack.

But here's an example of something I would be too scared to consider...

Tesla Model S (facelift) battery upgrade 60, 60D, 75, 75D -> 90, 90D | eBay