Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pricing on CPOs - market status?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm seeing a lot of CPOs (mainly P85d and 90d) that are priced "reasonably" and appear to be priced under what I'm seeing advertised on cars.com, here, and elsewhere - and these are CPOs with a 4/50k warranty. They are reasonably equipped 2015s (next gen seats, AP, ultra hifi) with reasonably low miles (25-40K) pricing out at 70K or less.

Is the market taking a turn? Or are these cars "beat" given that CPO's are no longer cosmetically refurbished.

I'm seeing a lot of CPOs (mainly P85d and 90d) that are priced "reasonably" and appear to be priced under what I'm seeing advertised on cars.com, here, and elsewhere - and these are CPOs with a 4/50k warranty. They are reasonably equipped 2015s (next gen seats, AP, ultra hifi) with reasonably low miles (25-40K) pricing out at 70K or less.

Is the market taking a turn? Or are these cars "beat" given that CPO's are no longer cosmetically refurbished.

I rejected 2 P85Ds before I found the one I bought. I was lucky to get one of the last P85D's to be fully refurbished. But alas i want an X so it's for sale.

Tesla's pricing is sure all over the place though.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Private sellers can obviously ask whatever they like but in reality, the final sales price is usually less than the asking price. Many dealers (Tesla included) have established “No Haggle” pricing but if inventory doesn’t sell, the price will come down (eventually). It seems Tesla has adopted a daily drop in price strategy lately with the mindset someone will pull the trigger when it gets low enough (which they do). To me the way Tesla does it is almost auction like except the prices go down until there’s “action” instead of a bidding up process. I’ve been in the market for a used Tesla for a couple of months now. In my opinion, the prices are still a little rich comparatively speaking but there are deals to be had if you’re patient and savvy...

I think the market is adjusting appropriately. P85Ds have been listing/selling between $70-80k since last year. I think it's fair to see them in the $60-70k range now.

Agreed. There are a couple "out there" in the mid-upper 60s that have yet to move...there were a couple of good ones in the 62's a couple of weeks ago that moved really (really) quickly.

I think Q4 is going to be interesting to watch because a bunch of 2yr leases from the fire sale from Q3 2016 will hit the market then.

The new motor with 75 kwh has same 256 mile range as the old 85 kwh. I am sure TM will release the new 85 kwh with 300 miles soon.
Being that, current pre-owned price on older technology is overpriced, IMO. I would like to see 3-year old car to be around 40% off the original MSRP. This means that the loaded 2015 pre-owned 85D should be priced around $48-$55k or so with warranty, instead of the current $60-65k price range.

Reactions: SD_Engnr
Agreed. It’s as if they’re looking for a sucker.

I’m debating between a refreshed AP1 vs AP2 model S. The August full self driving roll out concerns me in being stuck in ‘old tech’ w an AP1 car. I wonder what effect that will have on resale prices. Kind of like a model S with no AP.

Wow when did they stop doing the refurbishing?

I actually just put a deposit on a cpo model s from Tesla and the pictures were sent to me of the actual car yesterday and the car has some serious cosmetic flaws (very bad road rash on the wheels, multiple scratches, bumper guard is pretty trashed). Ironically I just emailed the sales associate to see if these would be fixed.