Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pricing on CPOs - market status?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The price-jacking is just wow. Some of my favorites:

$77,200 - today
$68,200 - 2 days ago
$69,300 - 3 days ago
$70,400 - 4 days ago

$81,400 - today
$71,200 - 2 weeks ago
$72,300 - 3 weeks ago

What on god's earth is the motivation for this? It has to be that they do not want to sell cars. I cannot think of any other reason.

The price-jacking is just wow. Some of my favorites:

$77,200 - today
$68,200 - 2 days ago
$69,300 - 3 days ago
$70,400 - 4 days ago

$81,400 - today
$71,200 - 2 weeks ago
$72,300 - 3 weeks ago

What on god's earth is the motivation for this? It has to be that they do not want to sell cars. I cannot think of any other reason.
I guess this pricing policy does work for them , occasionally you will see somebody jump in and buy one for an inflated price. They support this price jacking by adding and then taking out large quantities of cars to give the impression that they are selling a bunch of CPO's. I also like the idea of buying a CPO that hasn't been painted/refurbed, it beats having to have somebody put a paint meter on the car to work out where it's been painted.

Big dump today. 45+ cars. Hopefully the same continues for the next few days.

I still think the biggest dump of CPOs will happen in mid/late August and continue onwards, since we will see returns from Tesla's 2-year lease program.

We should see lots of facelift cars as CPOs which will put downwards pressure on the pre-facelift AP1 cars. I'm thinking 85D AP1 ~48-50K, P85D under 60K for sure.

Reactions: DanCar
I still think the biggest dump of CPOs will happen in mid/late August and continue onwards, since we will see returns from Tesla's 2-year lease program.

We should see lots of facelift cars as CPOs which will put downwards pressure on the pre-facelift AP1 cars. I'm thinking 85D AP1 ~48-50K, P85D under 60K for sure.
Expiration of tax credit will move prices up.

Reactions: DanCar
I guess this pricing policy does work for them , occasionally you will see somebody jump in and buy one for an inflated price. They support this price jacking by adding and then taking out large quantities of cars to give the impression that they are selling a bunch of CPO's. I also like the idea of buying a CPO that hasn't been painted/refurbed, it beats having to have somebody put a paint meter on the car to work out where it's been painted.

It's almost like they are playing games with car prices.

But that obviously can't be the case because it is car dealers who engage in such shenanigans :rolleyes:

What do you mean by "losing money on lease returns?" Do you mean that the re-sale price is lower than the sum of residual value + costs of reselling? Or something else?

I started this thread many pages ago and still haven't figured out the logic (if any) behind market/CPO pricing.

Reactions: P85_DA