Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pricing regrets?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, jumped in to a m3 RWD (0 add on) for the December discount, thought I had a good deal for 44k before taxes. Felt good about the car itself but a lot of posts like this keep popping up:
  • used Tesla price are dropping and will likely drop more
  • markups are disappearing for other ev like Ioniq 5 and id4, possible discounts next year Etc etc. the new tax credit means many new EVs are cheaper, which puts downward pressure on used EVs, etc. When everyone is cheaper its possible for Tesla to drop new prices slightly too.
  • Rumored big refresh on Tesla 3 and Y coming? Even more downward pressure for used models.
I saw a id4 awd pro s at 52k today and it would have been like 45k after the 2022 tax credit (it’s made in USA)
Also 45k ish might get me a used model Y within a year. I would much prefer that if the price is close. I prefer more space but couldn’t afford too high of a price, so ended up with the m3.

Am I wrong to feel a little bit of regret? Not sure what to do with myself thinking about this all day.
Just enjoy the car mate.
You made a decision to dish out the $$$ and buy it. Who cares what their rest of the unpredictable, crazy market is doing.

Seems natural to see people think about the "what ifs" when it comes to large purchases like this. As long as you love the car, that regret will pass! I've even felt the same way with smaller things that I've needed such as laptops, but the feeling always passes :)

Reactions: XPsionic
Hello, jumped in to a m3 RWD (0 add on) for the December discount, thought I had a good deal for 44k before taxes. Felt good about the car itself but a lot of posts like this keep popping up:
  • markups are disappearing for other ev like Ioniq 5 and id4, possible discounts next year Etc etc. the new tax credit means many new EVs are cheaper, which puts downward pressure on used EVs, etc. When everyone is cheaper its possible for Tesla to drop new prices slightly too.
  • Rumored big refresh on Tesla 3 and Y coming? Even more downward pressure for used models.
I saw a id4 awd pro s at 52k today and it would have been like 45k after the 2022 tax credit (it’s made in USA)
Also 45k ish might get me a used model Y within a year. I would much prefer that if the price is close. I prefer more space but couldn’t afford too high of a price, so ended up with the m3.

Am I wrong to feel a little bit of regret? Not sure what to do with myself thinking about this all day.
I regret spending $12k on FSD. It will never be what was promised. So don’t beat yourself up too much.

It was a good deal for you when you pulled the trigger, right?

What others pay, what else happens in the market, none of that changes anything about your specific purchase .... and at the end of the day, that's the only one that matters. Without a DeLorean and Doc Brown, you can't change it anyway, so why think about it?

@LoudMusic nailed it -- turn the music up, drive the hell out of the car and enjoy it!!

Dear Abby, dear Abby
My fountain pen leaks
My wife hollers at me and my kids are all freaks
Every side I get up on is the wrong side of bed
If it weren't so expensive I'd wish I were dead
Signed unhappy
Unhappy, unhappy
You have no complaint
You are what your are and you ain't what you ain't
So listen up buster, and listen up good
Stop wishing for bad luck and knocking on wood

John Prine

• Funny
  • Love
Reactions: cappo3 and vickh
How's this make you feel? I bought my SR+ dealer demo with 800 miles for $32,000 out the door. With federal and CO tax deductions, that brought the total cost down to $24,000. Yes, I bought my new tesla (I am the fist owner on title, despite the mileage) cheaper than a new Civic, lol. My only regret is that the thing feels like it's falling apart now at 70k, but still no buyer's remorse for the miles and year of cheap commuting.

wow that's the lowest price "new' 3. Falling apart as in rattles?

I paid $6K for FSD back in 2019 had that Model 3 for about a year and a half, then sold it. HUGE waste of money. Never again, FSD is NOT worth the money they want, even if it could do everything they are promising. At least not worth it to me.

yes, rattles galore.

Hopefully newer models don't have this problem. As long as it's functional I can deal with rattles. Might have to do with the coil suspension + heavy car .

I'm debating buying a used 2017 X for ~$50K but am concerned with TSLAs aging gracefully. Need 3 rows for parents and most other "good" options are in the high 30's-low 40s.

Just got this E-mail today... Really pushing for EOY

1671740059262.png

The gotcha with that is when FSD is actually here, I wonder if they might grandfather you and get you the needed hardware to make it work as designed, given that you have purchased FSD.
They already upgraded my hardware free of charge. But I guarantee you that the car will be dead and gone by the time FSD can finally handle twin turn lanes without zig zagging all over the place appearing as if the driver is having a seizure.

I agree with “the feeling will pass.” You’re not alone in second guessing,I have. But not while enjoying the great new ride.