Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Primacy 3 st tyres

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I’ve been lurking on the forum and noticed that other model s owners have recommended the primacy 3 st tyres. I’ve had some problems finding them in melbourne.

Is 245/45R19 102W the correct model number for 19” rims?

I’ve heard bob janes in Doncaster have experience with fitting and aligning tesla tyres. Unfortunately they couldn’t find the above tyres. Does anyone else have other suggestions for tyre shops in the eastern suburbs?

JAX used to be the best place to get them. I seem to recall they are actually made for the SE Asia market (Thailand etc) and I can't be sure they are still imported to Australia.
Mine are getting close to needing replacing, but have been great. Had about 60,000km out of them so far.

Thanks for the reply guys. Has anyone had any experience with the primacy 4 (245/45R19 102W ST)? It seems like all the primacy 4 tyres have silent rib technology (MICHELIN Primacy 4 Car Tyres | Michelin Tyres Australia ). How do they compare the primacy 3 st?

Is there any particular jax which has experience with Tesla lift points and removing the plate for alignment?

I've had the original Michelin PS3 19 inch tyres, 62,000kms, probably noisy, didn't care, all round good tyre, changed to Michelin Primacy 3, 102,000kms, all round great tyre, currently driving on Michelin Primacy 4, so far 37,000kms including a trip Around Australia, more expensive, all round great tyre. A set of good tyres cost less than 1% the total cost of a new car, the best investment you can make.

Thanks for the reply guys. Has anyone had any experience with the primacy 4 (245/45R19 102W ST)? It seems like all the primacy 4 tyres have silent rib technology (MICHELIN Primacy 4 Car Tyres | Michelin Tyres Australia ). How do they compare the primacy 3 st?

Is there any particular jax which has experience with Tesla lift points and removing the plate for alignment?
Don't worry about the lift points. All tyre shops can easily find them, they are very obvious.
I've had Tesla's lift and half a dozen shops in Sydney (and one in France I don't want to discuss!)

I'm just coming up to 60k kms on my S75D and am starting to look at getting the tyres replaced.

I've read through a few threads on this, but am still not 100% clear on one point:

The Tesla supplied tyres have foam in to reduce noise. Is this is the same if you buy the tyres from somewhere else, or do you only get that if you buy the tyres from Tesla? This thread is on the 'ST' tyres, which seem to have a similar technology to reduce the tyre noise, is that correct?

Thanks for the pointers.

I've used Michelin PS3, Primacy 3 and Primacy 4, averaging 81,000kms per set, all great tyres but I couldn't tell any difference in wh/km or noise levels.