Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Primacy 4 replacing [mixing] Pilot Sport 4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@tomorrowman - how are you finding the e.Primacy's?

I've discovered a nail embedded in my rear off side, so will replace both on that axle (5,500 miles driven) and an considering the e.Primacy due to availability challenges.
Go for the non-acoustic Pilot Sports. Cheaper, more available and the difference is inaudible.

You'll only have to replace one unless the other axle mate is very worn.

Go for the non-acoustic Pilot Sports. Cheaper, more available and the difference is inaudible.

You'll only have to replace one unless the other axle mate is very worn.

5500 miles on them since new, so probably borderline for whether to change the pair, but with the level of performance on these cars I think I'll go for the pair and keep the "good" one as an emergency spare.

Reactions: M3noob
I "advised" my lease company about Michelin/Pirelli availability for all 4 tyres. They were aware of the problem! and told me to book in with Tesla SC because they have "first access to stock!!!" I have a slow puncture and the lease preferred tyre fitters Kwikfit and National will not even look at it because they cannot replace. We are 🤬 ed!

@tomorrowman - how are you finding the e.Primacy's?

I've discovered a nail embedded in my rear off side, so will replace both on that axle (5,500 miles driven) and an considering the e.Primacy due to availability challenges.
To be honest fine. just did a 450 mile day return trip on them no issues.

Range seems to have improved but it's hard to tell how much of this is tyre and how much is increased temperatures

Noise level's seem compatible but it's not something I was particularly aware of, I seem to be more aware of door frame rattles at higher speeds etc (rectified with spotify).

Tyre wear seems OK. Main thing I was looking for was even wear. my 1st replacement Pilot Sport rear's where showing excessive wear at the centre of the tyre which would indicate over inflated and this despite the fact I was running at 40 and not 42psi (had to replacement them after 10K).

I'm running e.Primacy at 42psi and no uneven wear problems.

I'll stick with these but if at replacement time Pilot Sport EV's are available at 18inch I may well give those a go

Why, it's not that e.primacy does not have enough grip but when driving very briskly (especially when it involves cornering and elevation/camber change) it seems a little more prone to drift than the pilot sport EV's - which I would expect. Nothing unmanageable but noticeable.

Reactions: Blokie