TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Prince Albert & Princess Charlene drove a Tesla around the track to open @F1 Monaco!

Discussion in 'News' started by Jackl1956, May 25, 2014.

1. Vger

Vger Active Member

Very cool about the Model S. I have been there twice for the race; it is a must for auto fans! Can't wait for Formula E though.

So how much quieter are the new hybrid F1 engines in person?!

2. dennis

dennis P85D

So much quieter that the Australian GP promoters were contemplating suing F1 organizers for not providing the promised spectacle.

3. Dan43

Dan43 Member

You could see the Model S parked up behind the live Sky TV UK feed when commentator Martin Brundle began his grid walk, looking up to the first corner, a good minutes worth of chatter from him with car visible just behind him, parked on the left as you view on the screen. White with a red logo across the rear.

4. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

Lucky, lucky lucky! Would love to go to the Monaco GP, so far I've only managed the British and Austin. Will be watching highlights later...

5. Sunlight

Sunlight Member

I wonder how much this had to do with Elon Musk and Princess Charlene both being South African by birth??

Doubt it was a 'coincidence' or good marketing by Tesla...........