Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Priority Model 3 reservation for Roadster owners?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I for one am VERY PISSED that the confirmation I received totally ignored the existence of we, the biggest and earliest supporters of Tesla.Why shold S and X owners get priority of reservation and not Roadster owners. I bet I have sold more Tesla vehicles that any of their own sales staff. I have politely answered questions at every street corner and been their ambassador for free for 5 years and this treatment makes me angry. Not to mention all the early headaches - the lack of a charging network (especially outside California). etc.

I think they really owe us an apology from the top.... Tesla would be nowhere without us. Why should we be ignored?

You're mistaken. We are most definitely included in the priority queue. Their web site and confirmation email were wrong because they stupidly only stated Model S and X. You have to make sure you use the same email associated with your MyTesla account when reserving. Eventually the reservation will show up in MyTesla and then you'll know if you used the same email.

I don't know that we're not included - I would trust that we are, but would like a little verification that we are...

Upon further review, the Reserving Model 3 Blog page does say "current owners", specifically:

"In order to be as fair as possible, there will be a different queue for each region. And as a thank you to our current owners, existing customers will get priority in each region." (bold added by me)
Reserving your Model 3

I don't recall if that was the wording when initially posted or not, but I'm quite happy it's there.

So to recap: reservation email says S/X get priority, reservation agreement attached to said email has link to the weblog above for more info on priority, and Bob's your uncle.:D

Roadster owners are definitely included. I tweeted that question 'way back when' to @TeslaMotors & received a confirming reply. I also sent the wording to people I know in Marketing and they fixed it on the website. Unfortunately a couple of other instances were not caught.

Roadster owners are included. I have zero doubt.

And don't worry about how long they take to show up. I spoke to HQ in CA and they said that early orders in the first time zones took 20 mins to be processed; by late in the US day they expected a 48 hour queue for processing.

The main concern now is how to meet demand! What a lovely problem to have. I just hope it doesn't happen at the expense of the Roadster - servicing, parts, batteries.

How do we tell if a reservation is a priority? Is there some marker on one when it gets into myTesla?

[Probably an entirely academic debate given the delivery timescale may be measured in Tesla years.]

No one has discerned a pattern with the RN. I would log into My Tesla and make sure my reservation is there (along with my vehicles and have to have trust in the process)