Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Priority Model 3 reservation for Roadster owners?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They're mistaken. My Roadster has been on my MyTesla account since the beginning ... and is still there.
My Roadster has also always been there, and still is. A lot of new employees (like 14,000 out of 15,000 of them) don't know much about the Roadster. The manager of one of the service centers told a Roadster owner last week that they can't update his firmware. He said it can only be done over the air when the car is ready, and therefore his Roadster must already have the latest firmware (it didn't).

reservation done instore at 10am
who can decode these RN numbers ?

bg_whitebox.png

Model 3 RN10....
What's Next?
Your Model 3 was reserved on 31/03/2016. You'll be invited to configure based on the date of your reservation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah I found my Roadster - in a different account under a different login - despite them telling me that they had my details under my usual address.

Good job I checked as I guess I should use this one later.

I also asked them to rationalise my contact details as they seem to have at least 4 email addresses for me.

I showed up to the Austin store about 1.5 hours before it opened and there were about 225 people there (there was a numbered list of names going down the line). I gave up after about 1 minute of waiting. My co-worker showed up about 20 minutes later and there were over 300 people. He just got to the office about 15 minutes ago. I think I'll probably go back in an hour or so.

Hmm, every time I sign in to My Tesla since finding out about the other account yesterday I see this. Note the URL... I hope RN is not reservation.

View attachment 169968

Still no confirmation here, on email or via my credit card.
Your pic is exactly how my Roadster info appeared prior to the event. Again, this was after a couple of years of not having the Roadster info in MyTesla. Got my Roadster in early 2012.

This morning MyTesla switched to look like Spaceballs' pic above (with just one Roadster!), showing my Model 3 reservation maybe 13 hrs ago. Email confirmation came through in the afternoon, about 8 hrs ago.

I don't know what is normal for credit card transactions w/Tesla from U.K., but I would get a yea or nay from my cc company to make sure the payment went through. Sure hope its a yea...!

"Those who own Model S or Model X cars will be offered priority..." even Tesla's own marketing department seems to forget the Roadster exists...

View attachment 169454
And this needs to be talked about a bit more, esp after wording that sounded very deliberate from Elon in the reveal event (i.e., Model S and X owners helping to pay for Model 3).

I may have missed it, but did anyone confirm that Roadster owners also move up in the queue?

Since we have both S and Roadster, I'm not worried about priority... However, I got the confirmation from Tesla of our reservation (for 2). However, when I log into My Tesla, only the S and Roadster show up, and not the reservations.

I for one am VERY PISSED that the confirmation I received totally ignored the existence of we, the biggest and earliest supporters of Tesla.Why shold S and X owners get priority of reservation and not Roadster owners. I bet I have sold more Tesla vehicles that any of their own sales staff. I have politely answered questions at every street corner and been their ambassador for free for 5 years and this treatment makes me angry. Not to mention all the early headaches - the lack of a charging network (especially outside California). etc.

I think they really owe us an apology from the top.... Tesla would be nowhere without us. Why should we be ignored?

I for one am VERY PISSED that the confirmation I received totally ignored the existence of we, the biggest and earliest supporters of Tesla.Why shold S and X owners get priority of reservation and not Roadster owners. I bet I have sold more Tesla vehicles that any of their own sales staff. I have politely answered questions at every street corner and been their ambassador for free for 5 years and this treatment makes me angry. Not to mention all the early headaches - the lack of a charging network (especially outside California). etc.

I think they really owe us an apology from the top.... Tesla would be nowhere without us. Why should we be ignored?
I don't know that we're not included - I would trust that we are, but would like a little verification that we are...