Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Priority Profile Option Gone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, there was no priority profile.

Rather, each driver profile can set a priority Bluetooth device to use for phone calls, texting, and audio streaming. I think the UI text is a bit clearer now.

BLE phone key => driver profile => preferred BT streaming device.

As to auto-deciding which walk-up phone key will be the driver's, I think it picks the one that connects first, no matter which side of the car.

It might work to set her phone key to not pick any driver profile.

Another forum post claimed if you both use Easy Entry, the car will pick a profile by the driver's weight when they sit down. Maybe?

• Informative
Reactions: RTPEV and RoBoRaT
The setting is still there, but it's in the Bluetooth section. It's the priority Bluetooth pairing, that's it.

Driver profile is picked based on proximity of device to driver's seat. For example, when my wife and I both get in the car it recalls the profile of whoever is in the driver's seat. From there loads the priority Bluetooth device, which in our case is my wife's phone (for both her and my driver profile).

We've been able to set a priority BT device for when we're both in the car (my phone is slower to connect), but have never found a way to prioritize a driver profile. We've made it a habit to wait for the driver to connect to the car first which entails the passenger hanging back a bit out of range so the driver can connect to the car first, thus triggering the correct driver profile.