Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Priority to reservation holders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I want to have other feedbacks from forum members about the utility of the reservation.

After a call to a Tesla rep at my local store, he said that the reservation don't give any priority for delivery. Other people got the same info?

With the excitement of the SR release I have ordered my SR+ from the home page of the Tesla website...FAIL! I should have go through my reservation number in my account. Now, my reservation do not come into play. Arrggh!

It's the reason why I have called my store (he said that many people did the same). He said that I can cancel my 2016 reservation to have my 1000$ deposit back. That kinda sucks because they cannot take it for my SR+ payment.

I never understood why people kept their reservations on deposit from 2016 once the lead times on cars went to less than a week. At that speed a reservation means essentially nothing.
I kept mine because I was expecting to buy when less expensive models became available (I just missed out on the Ontario EV rebate, so a full price LR was more than I could justify) as well as when some personal blocking items cleared. Looks like I will be ordering in the next few days.

Given that, why would I have gone through the trouble of requesting a rebate of the reservation fee given the occasional post of people having problems getting that rebate? It was simpler just to let the reservation ride.